[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So 5 long years of voluntary unemployment is coming to an end

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: spongebob.png (692KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
spongebob.png
692KB, 500x750px
So 5 long years of voluntary unemployment is coming to an end tomorrow. I've finally gotten a job after never having one and am going in at around 10 o clock.

I'm really fucking nervous because one reason I was unemployed was so long was anxiety over working. I'm kind of scared that I'm just going to fuck everything up and get fired after like 3 days.

To give some context I am working at a brisket house and will be in the kitchen. I'm not sure if this means specifically on the grill or what but it's the only place that called me back and seemed desperate enough to hire me. It doesn't really seem like a shitty place to work and the manager I talked to was really nice about everything.

Anyone got advice?
>>
Speak up if you're unsure about something or don't know how to do whatever. As long as you don't ask the same things several times every day it's all cool. Then they'll know you're learning. You'll be fine, Anon, everyone fucks up, the important thing is to not fuck up in the same way again.
>>
Youre new. Ask questions. No one will think youre dumb, they will be glad you arnt some retard who just does whatever and wings it and fucks everything up. They wont expect you to know how to do everything, let alone anything.

Its a new job, its ok to be nervous. Dont sweat it.
>>
Just know you're taking a step in the right direction, and a lot of people couldn't pull off what you're doing right now
>>
>>18494862
>>18494785
>>18494788
Thank you m8s. In general I've been trying to improve lately. I say "voluntarily unemployed" rather than NEET cuz I've had friends who I hang out with and stuff but I've basically been NEET for 5 years so I'm just scared. While I do have friends IRL and so on other than that I've been a NEET and spent most of my time alone til the last two years or so so I'm just scared

I felt really embarassed when searching for a job every time I had to admit that I am 21 and never had a job before
>>
>>18494760
Yes, first congrats on ending your down period. I've been voluntarily unemployed for a year and am dreading explaining this in interviews.

You sound like you're self-sabotaging, or perhaps just overly anxious. Chill out, enjoy your last night a free man, go into work tomorrow smiling. You are not obligated to stay if it truly turns out to be dreadful.
>>
>>18494760
Speaking as a restaurant manager

Work hard, be eager to learn, don't make the same mistake twice, ask every question that pops into your head and you'll be respected quickly.
>>
>>18494870

Success doesnt come overnight. Its good you recognize that your past behaviour is no good, and that you are now currently taking steps to improve. Keep up the good work dude.
>>
>>18494870
>I am 21 and never had a job before
You're a baby to the working world. My only advice: think like Tarzan and don't let go of one vine (job) until you've got the next in your hand.

GL and treat your coworkers well. They might turn out to be cool and have your back when you need it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.