[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel talentless, like I'm no good at anything. All my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1339.jpg (87KB, 979x832px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1339.jpg
87KB, 979x832px
I feel talentless, like I'm no good at anything. All my friends have something they're interested in, be it musical instruments, drawing, coding, historical knowledge or whatever. I spend alot of time gaming and I'm not even good at that, while I have friends that are crazy good at certain FPS or RTS games. Obviously they have spent time honing their skills at their particular interest, but my problem is that even if I'm interested in something, say I want to get better at drawing so I can create whatever my imagination comes up with, I lack the motivation and persistence to stick at a single subject. E.g. I game more than my friends do but I play too many different games because I get bored easily (being a jack of all trades really sucks when it comes to gaming). So I guess the TL:DR is; any advice on how to improve my motivation and focus.
>>
Well what do you want and why?
>>
>>18494218
Something to strive and work towards, so I can be proud about the fruits of my labor. If you mean something more specific, I'd like to improve my drawing or coding skills. I guess I'm just interested in tricks others use to help motivate themselves
>>
>>18494182
http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/9190758
>>
>>18494225

Code academy.

https://www.codecademy.com/
>>
>>18494182
when your not focused, what do you instead do OP? Does whatever you do instead of your goal achieve anything at all?
>>
>>18494235
No, it doesn't. I just waste time, either with games or Facebook or whatever, usually with the excuse that I'm tired and can't be bothered due to sleeping problems. Even when separated from electronics, I just procrastinate.
>>
>>18494231
Thanks, will check it out
>>
>>18494230
i appreciate the sentiment, but I really am useless at everything, and if I don't git gud at something I'll continue to feel like shit
>>
Have you tried sports?
>>
>>18494264
people start small and work their way up.
stop giving up before you've even started you lame ass.
>>
>>18494290
It's more about procrastinating. I don't 'give up' per say, it's just I'll set goals and lazily not accomplish them.
>>
>>18494279
Would have liked to have done more sport in HS but was never any good and so I avoided it
>>
>>18494301
maybe your goals are too high? start setting them lower and work your way up. break that one big goal into 10 or 20 smaller goals.
>>
Well try useing all your will power to do something like if you want to draw force your self to improve your drawing even if you hate it just try and that really applies to anything of you try hard and don't give up even when it's hard you will improve
>>
>>18494307
>>18494312
I'll keep these in mind, thanks.
I think I just needed a place to vent about my own inadequacies. Nothing much I can do other than forcefully try to improve myself
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.