[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm miserable in my current situation, but too afraid to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: life.png (657KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
life.png
657KB, 768x576px
I'm miserable in my current situation, but too afraid to change it.

I am headed nowhere, I have nobody here for me, I can't stay here forever, but I'm in denial and afraid to move on.

Help :[
>>
>>18494130
I'd love too help, but I'm stuck in the exact same position. At least we aren't alone in our misery.
>>
stop fapping
go outside
>>
>>18494136
Heh, I often get that when I make an adv thread.
>>
>>18494130
>I am headed nowhere
>I'm in denial
Did the person writing change or is this a contradiction?
>>
>>18494144
Great filename.

I'm just self aware. I am actually in the midst of getting out of my current situation. I've enlisted in a comfy air force job.

I am just feeling contradicted and afraid.
>>
>>18494130
If you're in your early 20s, PLEASE make the most of it.
>>
>>18494156
>Great filename.
My phone doesn't let me change those. I hope you feel better now. Here's another for the road.

>I'm just self aware. I am actually in the midst of getting out of my current situation.
That sounds like total opposite of denial.
>>
>>18494221
I'm in denial about my current situation. In my mind it is better than it really is. My memories are rose tinted.
>>
>>18494228
>In my mind it is better than it really is.
If you really believed it was better wouldn't you say "it really is better" instead of saying "I just think that"?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=21gaUp1DvVs
>>
>>18494239
I don't think you realise how self aware I am?
I can't control my emotions, but I am still a reasonable and level headed person.
>>
>>18494265
>I can't control my emotions,
That isn't what denial means
>>
>>18494272
I am in denial about my life being as bad as it is
I am sad about leaving it behind, but I am also sad to stay.
>>
>>18494275
Let me spell this out for you:
Denial means "denying the existence of the problem".
You aren't saying there isn't a problem. Therefore you are not in denial.

I don't even understand how you can say "in my mind I think the problem is smaller than it actually is". You do realize that idea came from your head right? "the actual problem" is still just the picture of the problem in your mind.
>>
>>18494294
>unhappy with current situation
>best option is to leave
>despite common sense, I am unhappy to leave due to the first stage of greif; denial.
>struggling to leave because I am subconsciously in denial about how bad it really is

Perhaps I just have a deeper connection to my thoughts and emotions than you do m8
>>
>>18494310
Denial has nothing to do with "your connection to your emotions". What does that even mean?

Denial is disconnection between what you think is real and what actually is real. And "how things actually are" is still only your belief of how things are. It can be identical to real things but it can't be different from "things in your mind". It can't be bigger than itself.

>stage of grief
1. Those aren't real
2. Those have nothing to do with your situation

>subconsciously in denial
What does that even mean?
If it's in your subconscious you can't be aware of it and can't talk an it!

Knowing that something is right thing to do, saying it's right thing to do and then not doing it isn't denial (which is more like knowing something to be right but not saying it). What you have could be called like lack of will. I don't know but it doesn't change my point.

It's like saying I am mute. By definition you are wrong
>>
>>18494362
epic bro
>>
>>18494368
>>
>>18494130
I'm like this too. I don't know if it's denial or what, but I realize from prior experience that if I make a rational decision, I am more likely to be satisfied with the outcome. However, my "gut" is telling me to do the opposite of what's rational, and I know that is more likely to lead me to misery, yet I'm too scared and don't have enough willpower to resist these emotions and make the choice more likely to be right.

Fucking hell. My life wouldn't be such a wreck if only I would stop submitting to muh feelings. Or would it? Actually, I don't know at this point, maybe there's an inconsistency somewhere. The basis of everything I strive for is acquiring some sort of emotion, so maybe, while the decision I think is "right" would seem to be the common sense thing to do, what anyone who's a part of society would do, and less extremist, perhaps, it is not the right choice for me after all.

Sorry for the blog post.
>>
You couldn't have articulated this if you were in denial

you are not in denial

you are WISHING you were in denial and trying to use that as some form of backwards excuse

stop cowering in self-pity and develop some independence
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.