[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will I be able to have kids still if i start a degree? I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: il_fullxfull.1057327904_4hfn.jpg (88KB, 918x1500px) Image search: [Google]
il_fullxfull.1057327904_4hfn.jpg
88KB, 918x1500px
Will I be able to have kids still if i start a degree?

I'm 24, female, starting an engineering degree with work experience hopefully. I'll be 30 max. I plan on having kids one day, should I take something shorter?
>>
>>18494113
Have kids in college. It's not as impossible as you think, and most colleges very quietly offer services to help out, ranging from hidden breastfeeding rooms in various buildings to daycare. They don't advertise the services; you should ask at student health.
I've had friends go through undergrad and grad school raising two kids. They were very happy, and the kids were happy. Pregnancy starts getting rougher on the kid after 30.
>>
>>18494120
Wouldn't it be difficult to do an intense program like engineering with kids though?
>>
>>18494113
Past 30 your kids will have autism, your body wont recover so easily and generally much more things can go wrong.

Lets say you have to date at least two years before having kids with somebody so that leaves you with 3 boyfriend tries in 6 years left.

>pro tip
Go to free public (or at least cheap one) and look for bf in the mean time. If you find decent one or at least rich one, you can easily drop the uni and start doing babies.
>>
>>18494166
I can only go to a public one for a year
>>
>>18494166
>Past 30 your kids will have autism
Bullshit, the odds are worse but nowhere near certain.
>>
>>18494165
Engineering is intense for 18-year-olds who suck at math and are only in engineering because their parents told them to be there. For anyone who actually has a clue how math works, the rest is pretty easy.
>>
>>18494185
Why do i have a feeling you are that average girl (nothing wrong about it) who fucked up school, picked up wrong bf, tried some shit job and now found herself with no real education, skill or even husband tier bf?

Why do you think you will actually finish the school this time? What do you even want to do? Do you honestly think you can force yourself to finish it? And are there even open jobs for people with such education?

What have gone wrong in your life femanon?
>i really hope you wont go into humanities
>>
>>18494193
I want to go beecuse i realized there isn't any other job I'd like that would be worth the money. Im getting sick of these minimum wage jobs and I have a 90% average in math, physics, and chem. I may have went the wrong way in the past but there's nothing I can do about that now.
>>
>>18494193
Why do people hate humanities so much, do you expect me not to study history when it's all I love? I tried doing something "practical" and dropped out because I hated it. Do you people expect everyone to go into stem or a trade even if they hate it?
>>
>>18494197
That wasnt personal attack on you femanon, it is just hard to give advice when you know nothing about op.

Can you combine free public uni first year and later pay for it or switch school? You know, to minimize debt and even if you fail, it wont hurt that much.

You said math. Try software engineering? If you manage to complete anything small (dont go for 5years, try just bc?), you will get instantly hired just because you are woman. Even if you will be bad at it, the boss will use you to talk with customers and stuff.

Look carefully into what exist. Maybe there are some 2 years courses. Some certificate maybe? Before you apply, search job market to see if it will be any use to you once you finish.

And as far as bf goes, are you allowing boys to find and approach you? Online dating? Social events?

>>18494204
It is all about job market. I know plenty of places constantly missing people both at manual positions and on technical thinking ones. When you study history, you can do so few jobs with it.

We dont hate it, we just find it funny that in media it is always about
>having degree
and never mentions in what. When there are huge differences between laywer, doctor, engineer and philosophy and gender studies.

>hate it
Until universal income is implemented, you sort of have to do something in order to make a living somehow. So yeahm tough luck.
>>
>>18494227
>does not have a degree
>everyone I know has a degree

Yeah trust me, it makes a difference when looking for a job. It doesn't matter what it's in, but having a piece of paper that says you sat in the right classrooms for enough years is an incredible leg up.

Also, OP, do what you want. You want to study engineering? Sweet, do that. You want to have kids? Great, you can do that in your 30s.
>>
>>18494227
Is software engineering worth it when a lot of people are self-taught?
>>
>>18494237
>self taught
There is so much stuff about it that i read it the same way as self taught doctor.

But it works kind of like the anon above me told:
It opens doors to actual interviews. Then you have to complete some bullshit test and boom, you are in.
In my country girl with degree in it is so rare i bet they get instant hire no matter what.

Use glassdoors to see if it is worth it.
https://www.glassdoor.com/index.htm
>>
>>18494253
I was going to go with compsci at first but I thought proffesional engineering would have more opportunities
>>
>>18494190
My mom had three kids past 30, at 30, 35 and 38.

None of them are autistic and all get very good marks in school
>>
In what country? My childhood pal is brilliant, got a bachelors in mechanical engineering at a good school as part of a scholarship. Got out, couldn't find a job or internship. ended up an accountant.

I hear countless stories like this. it seems a lot of the STEM degrees require a bit more than a bachelors to actually get a job. but i'm not really that plugged into that shit, so take this with a grain of salt
>>
>>18494421
In canada, so I'm doomed every which way
>>
>>18494428
lol. how so? you could always find a trade school if it's all about the money, you know?
>>
>>18494480
Because compsci jobs are only in the cities which are highly unaffordable right now
>>
>>18494113
Freeze a bunch of eggs.
You can have kids until you're 40, but that doesn't mean you should. Children from very old parents have more complications, just like children from very young parents.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.