[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a 2004 dodge neon. Do i get a 1700 dollar repair on some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 14818570651x640.jpg (66KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
14818570651x640.jpg
66KB, 640x480px
I have a 2004 dodge neon. Do i get a 1700 dollar repair on some tire control rod shit that is basically worn the shit out or do I get a new car. I have the money to pay it off right now and I also have the money for a 20k or less ish used car. I don't give a fuck what I drive as long as its safe and doesn't suck up a ton of gas. I just got my brakes looked at a few months ago and they are currently good. Do I just get the fix and hope nothing else happens major for another year or so?

Pic is a random used car
>>
>>18494043
Fix it yourself for $170 in parts and use the remainder of the money to buy your gf and her bull some coke and a decent camcorder.
>>
Unless you really love that car, a newer car is alway a better, safer, and more economical choice. Beware of the sunken cost fallacy too

>t. automotive engineer that unfortunatly loves his old cars
>>
>>18494052
I don't give a fuck about my car. I just dont want a loan. I hate owing money

I think imma take it someplace else for a second opinion. I just want to pay off some more of my school loans before I worr yabout a fuckign car loan
>>
>>18494064
Maybe find some middle ground. A 2004 car is a 13 year old car already, by that age you're inevitably stumbling on heavier maintenance costs. If you can jump to something with good procedence which is 8 years or less without setting you back too much, consider it.
>>
>>18494083
I'll consider it. I"m still looking at used cars around the area online. is 50k-60k miles for a car from like 2010 a good baseline?
>>
>>18494088
Shit now you got me. Not only we use metric in my country, but the driving cycle is also really different.

I did some math and it translates kinda well to what we see here, which is 1000~1200km/month for a daily driven car, and I'm suposing you live in the US where generally the driving cycle involve more free traffic and using highways more often compared to the rest of the world, so I guess it is a good baseline.
>>
>>18494043
sell that piece of shit and get a honda civic or accord from 2008-2012 for under 9 grand or just buy a new one if you've got the 18 grand. The security features on the new ones will make you feel like you're living in the future.
>>
>>18494106
>The security features on the new ones will make you feel like you're living in the future.

Just hope they don't have takata airbags that are throwing sharpnels on people's faces though. Make sure they have been recalled for that.
>>
>>18494106
suggest other shit besides honda that similar? just to keep options open
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.