[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TLDR: How to stop infatuation to fuck up my life I'm a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 390509-memes-im-alone.jpg (40KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
390509-memes-im-alone.jpg
40KB, 1920x1200px
TLDR: How to stop infatuation to fuck up my life

I'm a succesful (job with very good prospects, getting close to 100k a year) male anon, decent looking (bit chubby, but apparently super cute face). I speak 3 languages fluently, i'm very respectful, play an instrument and get plenty of dates.

Problem is, whenever i start dating somebody that i connect with, i get insanely infatuated. I become obsessed with a person. My mind will be racing 24/7 waiting for the next text from this person. When it takes a few hours, all kinds of scenarios pop up in my head. I'm no double-texter, i have the discipline to wait until she texts me. But it fucks with me so hard.

Then after a month i get bored and break up.

However, this process happens every time. How do i stop it? I get plenty of dates but i'm ruining my own life going on these dates. It fucks with my head so much.

I tend to date below my standards as i just want somebody to cudde and feel secure with. I'm chasing that feeling.
>>
Anybody? :/
>>
>>18493633
>>18493593
>bit chubby
>respectful
>play instrument from overbearing parents
>speaks 3 languages and that's all

sounds like you're bored of yourself and you want someone else that's interesting to take over your life.
it's cool you already have some skills but you aren't supposed to stay static as a person.
>>
>>18493593
>Then after a month i get bored and break up.

Maybe don't break up then? And try seeing the other person as more than just what they can do for you.
What exactly is the advice you're seeking, you're basically humblebragging. You also sound very immature.

Alternatively, try dating someone you wouldn't or who's not "your type". On one hand it would solve the infatuation "problem" and you might discover something about yourself in the process.
>>
>>18493593
Not much advice I can give since I have the same issue and still suffering with it. I've tried giving the person less attention than I already do hoping they'd crave it back, but no luck. Currently just trying to cut my slack, telling myself to deal with it and maybe I'll be able to handle it.

Fucking cunts should be grateful we give them that much attention though.
>>
>>18493593
Well, I have been dating my gf for a month and I'm in the same boat you're on, mostly. I'm obsessed with her and I'm never not talking to her. But lately I've been trying to pull my head out of it.

So when you date a girl, you just want someone to cuddle with? Does cuddling with that person get old or something so you get bored and break up?
>>
File: 1496323580205.jpg (20KB, 235x236px) Image search: [Google]
1496323580205.jpg
20KB, 235x236px
>>18493673
>Alternatively, try dating someone you wouldn't or who's not "your type". On one hand it would solve the infatuation "problem" and you might discover something about yourself in the process.

This, I can't advocate enough the practice of dating others who are different than you are. Maybe even opposites. It makes things way more interesting and its fun trying to figure that person out along the way, also you develope a chemistry. Of course you will run into conflicts but none of them are bad enough to end the relationship. In a healthy one, you're actually supposed to deal with conflicts and put up with one's flaws.

What I'd also suggest is to do more activities with other people and friends and not try to hang out around her too much. Give your relationship some room to breath and spread things out a bit.
>>
>>18493689
>I'm obsessed with her and I'm never not talking to her

Try reading this
https://www.amazon.com/No-More-Mr-Nice-Guy/dp/0762415339

tl;dr It is healthy for you to develop a social life outside of your girlfriend. Preferably with other guys. Although counter-intuitive, it will make you more attractive to her and not less. Girls like to talk and vent a lot so it's tempting to always want to be there for her but they actually don't want a guy that spends 100% of their free time with them.
>>
>>18493713
Thanks for the insight man, I'll give that a look
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.