[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i'm deciding right now what to study at university and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1498113338305.jpg (43KB, 400x319px) Image search: [Google]
1498113338305.jpg
43KB, 400x319px
so i'm deciding right now what to study at university and i'd really like to study pharmacy. however my problem is that to be a pharmacist you need to talk to costumers all the time and need to have crazy social skills and i pretty much have 0. i have no friends and never talk to anyone outside of my family and i have no desire to change anything about that. i guess it would be pretty risky to start studying it if i don't even know if i could do the job. so my question is: can i learn how to talk to people in a few years? and if yes, how should i do that?
my other option is to study something about computer science and hope to get a job as a programmer or something but i have no idea if that even interests me. also is it even true that you can work all by yourself as a programmer or is it just a myth?

TL;DR can everyone develop social skills? and if so, how?
>>
How difficult/easy is it to become a pharmacist?
Is there any point in a very old fag who has never been to college to try for that or is it futile?
>>
>>18493196
HA. There is a big difference between communicating for work and actual socializing. In fact, they're totally different. I have great customer service skills, make my living in customer service, and have 0 friends and no gf.

You'll develop those work communication skills with some practice. Afraid I can't help you with actual socializing
>>
>>18493201
from what i've heard the courses are very difficult but once you have the degree it's pretty easy to get a job because pharmacists are needed everywhere. i live in germany though so it might be different where you live.

>>18493207
that's nice to hear!
>>
>>18493196
>can i learn how to talk to people in a few years? and if yes, how should i do that?
Sure, just get a job in retail. Social skills and relevant experience, all in one. Nothing made me come out of my shell more than working retail

>my other option is to study something about computer science and hope to get a job as a programmer or something but i have no idea if that even interests me. also is it even true that you can work all by yourself as a programmer or is it just a myth?
Even with STEM, you need social skills to get a good job. You're either working for an employer who expects you to be able to talk to and get along with your coworkers, or if you're doing freelancing work, you'd need to be able to talk to your clients.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.