[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /adv/, I rather enjoy writing short stories and even h

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: ShaggyResizedAndReloaded.jpg (68KB, 184x156px) Image search: [Google]
ShaggyResizedAndReloaded.jpg
68KB, 184x156px
Hello /adv/,
I rather enjoy writing short stories and even have a few different novels I am working on. Back in high school my english teachers wanted to get me published, but I don't know where to start with all that. I don't show anyone my writings, and few people I know IRL even know I write. I guess what I'm asking is, where can I post my stories for other people to read and give feedback? I want people to read my things, but not people I know IRL. inb4 fanfic.net, not the kind of stories I write
>>
>>18492799
Try to look for novel-writing contests, some publishers host those where you can send the script and if you are good enough, they will publish you for free and you'll receive a prize. Just google about those.

Other option, especially if you want feedback, is to find any literature magazines, and send your story to them and ask them to publish it in one of the sections.

If you are feeling really confident, you can even try to contact a small publisher and pay for the publishing, then contact some book stores and get your stuff there. Make sure you get a good social media presence going to promote your content. Try to create even a website with your blog and host it somewhere.

There are many options you can try.
>>
Did you try /lit/?

At the very least I'm sure they could answer your question better than we can. Or maybe they will just troll you. I have never been there so I don't know.
>>
>>18492799
The annual book WRITER'S MARKET lists every magazine and publisher who take submitted manuscripts. They also have a website. Google them
>>
Here because I'm seriously interested in the same thing, I've only written some like philosophical critiques of current day society but a random guy on a boat thought I was university education, established writer.

>I can spell fudge with my grades..
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.