[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I work at a chain retail store - it's my first real job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1497252891476.jpg (88KB, 749x905px) Image search: [Google]
1497252891476.jpg
88KB, 749x905px
So I work at a chain retail store - it's my first real job and it's been going pretty well. It's a bit demanding and there are lots of things to do, but the money is worth the effort and most of my coworkers are pretty cool.

However, the store manager makes me nervous. I don't see her much because she works opening and i work closing. she's nice to my face, but she's always given off a vibe that she can come down on you hard if you give her reason. a coworker who has been working here quite a while warned me not to get on her bad side.

This is my first (real) job, so I don't want to just leave. However, I'm not really sure how I should proceed from here on out. Some advice would be appreciated
>>
>>18492668
If you get that feeling from your manager, that means she's competent. All you gotta do is be respectful, do the things you're supposed to do, and be honest and apologize when you fuck up. Be a good kid, and your manager will treat you with respect.
>>
She's going to suck out your insides through her proboscis when you aren't looking.
Don't turn your back on her.
>>
>>18492677
honestly that was a fresh perspective for me. my thing is, i do my job, i'm polite to everyone, i show up when i'm supposed to and leave when i'm supposed to, i do everything i'm supposed to (of course i make small mistakes on occasion)

i do like the job, i just don't know how to deal with people in the work environment when it comes to little situations like this. i just don't want to get involved in stupid workplace drama

>>18492682
lol
>>
File: 1473297079216.jpg (78KB, 740x420px) Image search: [Google]
1473297079216.jpg
78KB, 740x420px
>>18492668
You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I say to you, do not resist an evil person. But whoever strikes you on your right cheek, turn to him the other as well. And if anyone sues you in a court of law and takes away your tunic, let him have your cloak also. And whoever compels you to go a mile, go with him two. Give to him who asks you, and from him who would borrow from you do not turn away. (Matthew 5:38-42)

OP, you are dealing with difficult bosses which we all have to go through. The Bible says that all authority is ultimately established by Heaven, and in return they will be held accountable to God. Jesus says that you need to turn the other cheek, and if they demand you go a mile, then you go the extra mile.

On the other hand, Jesus said you need to go out and be innocent as doves, but be wise as serpents. This is why you need to pray to God to give you wisdom in order to best handle this situation. In the Book of Proverbs, Jesus says that it is best to avoid an angry person. If your boss is that kind of person, then you need to make plans to move on. There are many opportunities out there that are waiting for you, pray to Jesus Christ, the Son of God who came in the flesh, and He will listen. Repent of your sins. Read the Bible cover-to-cover in the Spirit. Pray, pray, and pray. The End of the world is at your footsteps. Seek and you will find.
>>
>>18492668
Unti you land a job that pays $250k a year - ALWAYS be looking for your next job. Write a resume or update the one you have. You're in a power position for looking for a new job because you are employed. Go check out the other retail stores and interview the staff to find the store with the best manager. It's always good to network with ppl as they may know of upcoming open position.

Golden Rule never talk crap to anyone about your current company and NEVER talk shit about your boss. You'll need a reference from them for the next 4 to 5 years.
>>
>>18492668

Well, there's two approaches here. A) it's your first job. Keep your head relatively down, show up on time for your shifts, don't call in sick unless absolutely necessary, and be eager to pick up new tasks when the last one is completed instead of lazing about.

B) your store manager is human like the rest of us. She eats, shits, and breathes. Realistically though, she's probably a shitty person who "gets people on her bad side" because she wants to exercise the little amount of power she has in her godawful life, because she knows she's not ever going to become anything more than this. Hopefully this is a part time gig for you, and you're going to college for something better than retail management. So if she unfairly shits on you, just remind yourself that one day in your career you'll be shit on by much more successful people. And probably more successful than her. So just don't let it get to your head.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.