[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, here's the situation. I'm unemployed for a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: jobs.jpg (78KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
jobs.jpg
78KB, 800x600px
Alright, here's the situation.
I'm unemployed for a year now,
and i had been searching for jobs, going to interview but failed to secure any jobs.

right now, there's a job i found but require me to stand for about 12 hours a day, and work 6 days a week. the off day isn't on weekend either.

i'm a 95kg / 210pounds fat fuck that will have knee and ankle ache if i stand for too long.
it's really an undesirable job, but right now, i developed mental issues that i'm extremely low confident and anxious about finding jobs, or even working.
and right now, while not being at work or anything, i'm already anxious for no reasons everyday like i had done something bad, and i feel like i wanted to kill myself everyday to end it all.

so, my questions is
>Do i accept the job knowing that i would hurt my body (leg,ankle,etc) doing so?
>Do i accept the job knowing that i will be unhappy and hate the job?
>Do i throw myself back into another round of job searching, hopefully to land an office job instead?
>How do i deal with being anxious for looking any job at all?

I don't wanna go to further study either because i don't even know what kind of job i wanted to have, nor there's anything that interests me to study.
>>
Normally I'd say yes because being able to feed yourself WILL tremendously relieve your anxiety and depression. But working 72 hours a week is not healthy. Does this job REALLY require you to work 72 hours a week? Or are you inflating the numbers? I don't care about you having to stand all day long. If you think this job will provide you the means to feed yourself and the time for you to find something you really want to do for long term, then take it and stop worrying about how fat you are and all that bullshit.
>>
Exercise is a good way to loose weight
>>
>>18492569
>Do i accept the job knowing that i would hurt my body (leg,ankle,etc) doing so?
If you're overweight, it would be just killing yourself. If you want to lose weight while working, get a job where you are required to carry stuff or walk around, but for where you have to stand all day, it's a bad idea.

>Do i accept the job knowing that i will be unhappy and hate the job?
Not a good idea

>Do i throw myself back into another round of job searching, hopefully to land an office job instead?
Office job is easy to come around if you have been through trade school and studied sales/marketing or something. If you haven't, your outlook is not too good, look for something entry-level instead where you can hopefully advance your position.

>How do i deal with being anxious for looking any job at all?
No need to be overly anxious. When the employer calls for interview, chances are they already like you on paper and just want to confirm if you actually are the person you claim to be on your resume. It's a tough process, but if you are willing to commit full-time, lots of employers are willing to consider you for a position or few.
>>
Get yourself a /good/ pair of shoes and it won't be that bad when you get used to it.
I too am 210 pounds (started my job when I was 230) and I can stand all day as long as I keep moving.

First few days though? You're gonna wish you were never born
>>
>>18492584
ps I work retail so I'm not even allowed to sit and I'm always running around
>>
>>18492578
yea, it's 72 hours a week, included break time, which i assume at least 20 minutes for eating, and 1 hour if it's formal break (i don't know the full detail yet).
but it's still about 66 hours of standing/work time with some/minimal movement.

>>18492579
i don't have time to get myself in shape Then go for the job, it's either now or never.

>>18492581
>No need to be overly anxious.
I had been to plenty of interviews already, some went well, some went okay i guess, some went bad. but all of them, ALL of them failed to secure me a job. I'm starting to lose sight/direction as to how should i speak or act during interviews, i'm starting to be panic as it's getting longer for me to be unemployed

>>18492584
It's a job where i stand and cut fruits all day, only time to move is when i carry the processed fruits to be put aside or loading the fruits on the lorry every morning. also, during toilet break.
my ankle is hurt long ago and if i stand for over 30 minutes without moving, it will hurt badly.
i'm just worry that i couldn't handle the job, and it's not really possible to quit if i started the job.

My first intuition is to say no to the job,
but i feel like i'm running away from problems that way,
and the longer i'm unemployed the worse everything will be.
i will be even less confident to myself, and i will have even worse anxiety than now, possibly try to attempt suicide.
Even if not, employers won't like to see my resume having a whole year (or even more) of empty page where i had not been doing anything besides job seeking and stopping myself from suicide.
>>
if i don't go for this job, i'm worried when will i get the next job interview.
but if i go for the job, i'm worried that i can't do it, which is most likely the case, and unable to quit the job.

basically,
my heart telling not to accept the job,
but my mind force me to suck it up and take the job for the money
>>
>>18492672
can you survive for a while longer without taking the job?
if so, keep looking.
If not, then take the job, keep looking, and pray your knees dont give out
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.