[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>25 years old >graduated 3 years ago >lost all contact

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1498072953302.jpg (98KB, 844x640px) Image search: [Google]
1498072953302.jpg
98KB, 844x640px
>25 years old
>graduated 3 years ago
>lost all contact with friends
>hadn't had a girlfriend in 4 years

I pretty much work all week and then on the weekends I play video games. I have no friends and I don't use social media at all. I've been going to the gym recently, but I just started last month. I just want friends. I wouldn't really call the people at my job friends. I only talk with them at work and even then I would say that I am the most anti-social person there. What should I do?
>>
>>18492438
Find meetups for hobbies you're interested in. Try online dating as well. Social media makes it easy for anyone to find peers and potential partners these days.
>>
File: 1491223527015.jpg (64KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1491223527015.jpg
64KB, 960x960px
>>18492438
I have a very similar situation, OP.
Stupid nagging feeling that at some age, you are supposed to have a set in stone group of friends that will never change won't leave me alone, and I think I missed that.

How do you even into group of friends when in your mid-20's? I have sometimes even seriously considered going back to some kind of school not for the education but solely for networking purposes, but unfortunately I am already paying a student loan by working full-time and can't financially afford to go back to school.
>>
>>18492448
Nah, most of those people who are old friends get replaced by new acquaintances every few years for most people. It seems like they have the same circle on fb, but reality is they find new people who are more convenient or more like them as they grow older and change. So really you're no further behind than the average person you just need the connections in place to meet new people and its never too late to start on that.
>>
>>18492464
Thanks, your post reassured me a little on the possibility of getting into a circle of friends even at mid-20's.
>>
>>18492473
I'm 29 and I lost all contact with friends the year after hs bc my gf got pregnant and we moved in together to raise our kid. Now we're split up ten years later and I had nobody but I'm meeting new friends through mutual friends of ppl in my past on fb as well as meeting new people hiking and going to hobbyist meetups. And also dating girls from oky and tinder. It's easier than you might think
>>
>>18492493
>meeting new people hiking
How does one really pull this one? When I go walking around the countryside sometimes, all people I see are rednecks, none of the hiking types.
>>
>>18492520
I hike the appalachian trail. You meet a ton of great people. If you're on the west coast there's the pacific crest trail. If you're in the Midwest then you're probably SOL
>>
>>18492526
America sounds pretty amazing, I guess the nature varies a lot on those trails. I am eastern european myself so the options seem limited.
>>
All it takes is one connection so don't lose hope. I only had like 4 friends until I moved out and got a job. Then I connected with a high school friend who introduced me to his large group of friends. Now my social life is more active than ever.
>>
>>18492534
Ironically I've met quite a few Europeans hiking the AT, mostly French, Germans, Dutch and Danish people.
>>
File: taytay.png (524KB, 519x562px) Image search: [Google]
taytay.png
524KB, 519x562px
>>18492551
>until I moved out and got a job
damn, the "moved out from my parent's, into big city and got a new job, 'tis how I became socially active human bean" memes are true
>>
>>18492555
makes sense, considering how just standing around in Times Square is really not the way to go about exploring america
>>
Friends aren't really a thing after you finish college. Nobody has the energy for hanging out after doing full time work or trying to find a job. Whatever social energy people have they spend on a girlfriend/boyfriend/spouse. You can find acquaintances to share hobbies with. Personally I don't care for having friends because I can afford to do fun things on my own.
>>
>>18492438
YOu are all good. I make new friends in my late 30's. Just find a new hobby or some charity work. Easy,.
>>
>>18492438
Adult sports leagues are good places to meet people who are outgoing and fun.
>>
>>18492438

During the next election cycle volunteer for the candidate you most politically align with. I guarantee you'll make 3 or 4 new friends that you can drink beer with while bagging on the other side.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.