[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I be honest to my parents about how unhappy I am right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1329291155536.jpg (42KB, 260x265px) Image search: [Google]
1329291155536.jpg
42KB, 260x265px
Should I be honest to my parents about how unhappy I am right now or should I play strong?

A few days ago I was dumped by a girl I've been in love with for years. She indicated that the break would only be temporary, but I can't help but think this could be the end for us. I'm a wreck at the moment. I can't go out in public for fear of breaking into tears at any moment. I'm barely eating or sleeping.

I don't live at home anymore but I usually Skype my parents every couple of days. As an only child my parents care a lot about me (especially my mom) and I can tell that my parents get depressed whenever I am unhappy.

Should I be honest to them about how I am feeling right now or should I just lie and pretend that I'm coping well?
>>
Don't lie about it, they'll know. Might as well seek support.
>>
What are you struggling with? Depression from getting dumped? What is going through your head that makes you feel like you will break into tears at any moment in public?
>>
It can make you feel better if you tell them, isnt going to help stay alone in this kind of situation, look for help.
>>
>>18492370
>What is going through your head that makes you feel like you will break into tears at any moment in public?
I honestly have no idea. Even when I'm not thinking about getting dumped my body just seems to be trapped in this emotional state on the verge of tears at the moment.

I guess I'm just mourning the relationship at the moment. Was really confident that this girl was the one for me.
>>
>>18492409

Well, i think lovesick is fucking terrible. I consider myself a sociopath, but i still have access to emotions. Lovesick somehow slipped it's way into a dream recently and i don't want it. I don't think it's healthy and it should be avoided at all costs.

Best advice i can give is to just run. Run yourself to exhaustion for the fun of it. It's my personal belief that running is the healthiest activity for a human as well as most animals. Long distance or sprinting. I like sprinting more.
>>
>>18492328
The feelings won't go away until you work them through.

Talk about them. Feel them. Don't distract yourself all the time.

Everything is always changing. Everything has an end. Learn to accept this fact and stop being surprised by it. Enjoy things that are happening to you as long as they last and let them go when they have to end. Be happy that they happened. Stop telling your life all the time how it should be and accept reality as it is.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.