[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I had a good friend of over 10 years who I used to see regularly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: putin-hockey-1024x680.jpg (129KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
putin-hockey-1024x680.jpg
129KB, 1024x680px
I had a good friend of over 10 years who I used to see regularly before he went overseas to live with his girlfriend. I was the one who saw them off at the airport a few years ago.

We had some political differences last year, and when they came back unannounced to visit (for like a month) last winter, neither of them ever contacted me and I never saw them while they were here. We haven't talked since.

I knew about them being back from social media, and pictures with mutual friends. I know there was mutual responsibility for it since neither of us ever contacted the other, but I whenever I think about getting back in touch, I still feel pissed off and basically discarded, and it stops me.

Should I bring up my grievance and see if we can get over it, or just let it go? Am I right to feel slighted?
>>
Did you have these "political differences" while they were overseas or before you took them to the airport?
>>
>>18492154
Are you alt-right or alt-left? If so, you probably earned what you got, and should consider why your political views are "alternative" in the first place.
>>
>>18492184
>>18492154
because alt-right is for white supremacist dumbasses, and alt-left is for pseudo-intellectual university students
>>
>>18492173
Mostly after.

>>18492184
Neither, but I don't accept many of the BS so-called liberal humanitarian MSM narratives and official stories that they became enamored with.

I also don't think they are anywhere big enough differences to come between a friendship and we've enjoyed debating things in the past, so I am miffed that this turned into a thing. I don't even know if it was the real root of it.

Could have just been pure laziness/ego on his part and pride/uncertainty on mine.
>>
>>18492191
>pride/uncertainty
maybe you mean a lack of sensitivity and/or social skills? I'm just taking a shot in the dark here. can you try to elaborate on what the disagreement was? are you certain that's why the two of you are not talking right now?
>>
>>18492186
This
>>
>>18492195
>are you certain that's why the two of you are not talking right now?

No, not at all. From my end, I'm not talking because my feelings are hurt about feeling snubbed, and it feels extremely awkward knowing that we all know they came back and avoided each other. Unsurprisingly, I do have the shittiest social skills among the three of us.

The political differences had to do with questioning what I consider MSM/USIC-inspired propaganda campaigns against Duterte and Assad to destabilized Syria and the Philippines.
>>
Bump for actual advice.
>>
>>18492226
Why can't you guys find some common ground? Does the situation in Syria even pertain to the two of you? Does the situation in Syria necessarily have to do with liberalism, or is that just a theory? I understand that a nation like the US is not afraid of manipulating the media for its own gain, and has a lot to gain from perpetual warfare. This is all very basic stuff. I still don't understand how there was a serious argument between the two of you. You didn't exactly elaborate.

So, like you said, you only have a hunch that he didn't contact you because of the Syria argument. Why not just be the bigger man, put the debate behind you, and reach out? That is, unless I'm missing something here.
>>
>>18492259
How are we supposed to give you direct advice on a situation you're only vaguely describing?

Besides, the case with most of these threads is that OP needs to harness their best interpersonal skills and have a conversation with the person they're so concerned about, instead of posting on 4chan.
>>
>>18492261
That's not actually what I give a shit about. You keep fixating on the political aspect of it.

My issue is that I feel snubbed, and if I should bring it up, or if it's a 50/50 blame situation.
>>
>>18492270
>blame
probably useless

>I feel snubbed
the question is if you were snubbed. if so, I'm sorry. I don't know what to tell you from /adv/, knowing nothing about the situation other than that you may have been snubbed and something something about liberalism.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.