[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a scientist and on the brink of a breakthrough. Research

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20020527-2314.png (3MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20020527-2314.png
3MB, 2560x1440px
I'm a scientist and on the brink of a breakthrough. Research that I spent a large part of my life on. A different way of solving computational problems opening an area with so many possibilities and opportunities. I expect the impact large enough to not publish too early.

I have always refused commercial connection because I know that commerce would make it extremely difficult to access.

But my funds (and more) have depleted. I expected to hold out till the end of the year but I won't make it. I tried to work an extra job that backfired because it took away too much focus and concentration.

I Feel I have this choice: survive, dump 20 years research, man up, get a job, feel 'lost everything' forever
OR headon, burn friends and family to finish and publish. Being alone until the end.

I'm also getting panic attacks that nobody will understand what its all about. Had that before and it ruined me.

What must I find important?
What am I not seeing?
>>
Sounds like the backstory to an unconvincing swindle.

You should take some time to figure out how publishing works in the real world and what "publish or perish" means. Nobody in academia sits on a new invention or study or idea.
>>
>>18492063
To escape the "publish or perish" I funded this whole endeavour privately from money I earned in the Big IT business. Think half way 7 digit number.

And its fundamental research. will I now fail because no one will believe I did because it is 'not done' and without a sponsor. A sponsor I expect to demand things I don't agree to.

Someone recently said that there has not been an major technological advancement in Computer Science, and that there is a general waiting for an out-of-the-box thought. And that this has the potential to be just that trigger. Does this opinion have value?
>>
>>18492055
What you need, is meditation. Find a park, stare at the clouds for three hours. clear your head. Get your self a blue collar job to support your real job.
>>
>>18492055
I guarantee you have absolutely nothing of value or uniqueness.

The likelihood of stumbling upon anything new accidently without a research lab, much less realizing any prototype without a team is astronomically low.

If you really did have the intelligence to discover something so revolutionary, then you would know how to monetize it.
>>
tell us what it is, we're all friends here
>>
Why can't this wait until you get more money? Can you take out a loan?
>>
>>18492055
The most important part of science is communication. If you really think you have something email a graduate student at a university and offer to take them out to lunch and explain what you are doing.
If they understand what you are doing, and the importance of it, they will help you get introduced to their adviser, who will help you publish.
If you have something important you should strive to share it with as many people as possible.
>>
>>18492055
Texas Instrument created the microchip and the world ripped it off. Would we be better off if Texas Instrument had sole control over the microchip?

Sometimes there is no right answer. My advice is to make as much money off your progress as possible before someone else steals it.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.