[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am having a "relationship" conundrum. I am going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: image12-570x391.jpg (47KB, 570x391px) Image search: [Google]
image12-570x391.jpg
47KB, 570x391px
I am having a "relationship" conundrum. I am going to be venting a lot before I ask what I should do, if only so that I can have my thoughts heard and hopefully get everyone on the same page, and see it from my perspective, because I feel like the both of us are at a crossroads. You will have to decide later if I'm being overdramatic or not.

I have met a girl, not too long ago, about half a month. Very recently. We started talking and joking with each other, introducing ourselves and flirting, of course. In the very short time we have started talking, we learned a bit about each other and that was fine, very fine, with me, because I am trying to build a social life. I think we get along great, and I've established that I don't want any friction nor do I care to create issues. Then she started sending nudes.

It seems that we were getting along so great, and that she has probed enough to feel satisfied and safe, that she is starting to develop a VERY fast infatuation with me. This sounds great, I am flattered, and the nudes are not too bad. The problem is, she has a history of sleeping around, a history she has admitted herself. She has had zero DATING experience, because all of her male relationships were temporary pump and dumps. Of course, she is a bit bitter about the experiences, and of course, when I started talking to her, I was not such a case, and she considers me a genuine potential partner. I think the problem is clear, now: I cannot reciprocate. I am in a stage of my life where I am trying to change and grow. It is not only me and my delusions of grandeur; My family is all very encouraging and supports me and my new outlook. The girl knows this as well and encourages me as well. This is where it is difficult for me.
>>
File: 1475791433719.png (354KB, 653x803px) Image search: [Google]
1475791433719.png
354KB, 653x803px
>>18491845
I like the girl, and I'd love to keep her as a friend. We get along great, and should we stop talking, I'm just going to go back to studying and working all day. She has spent a good third of the time we have talked speaking about all her other guys and how little they cared about her, and all the sex things. Now she is acting and calling me "her" this or that as if we were on the path to becoming a couple. I have tried, several times, to joke AWAY from the topic, I do not return her possessive words with my own, and I do not keep in constant contact, I return texts when I can, or frankly, when I feel like it. I have a text waiting for me now.

Today, she tells me she received a fuckbuddy text for a hookup. She tells me she declined, but only because she grew jealous of the guy for having several girls, and that if it wasn't for that, she would be fucking him because, apparently, the man is pretty great in bed. It took all of my patience to not tell her to reconsider her decision and go have fun with her stud, because WOW, that could NOT turn me off harder if it tried. In what world would I want a legitimate crush or date tell me she was a weekend fuck for someone and they wish they were an everyday fuck? If she is interested in me in that way, what was the point in mentioning that? Had she mention that first day, I would not care, but it's even more unsettling after all these hints of wanting to be a couple. I could never, I wouldn't know how many more are still messaging her any day. In any case, instead of telling her to party, I told her we needed to immediately have a talk. I intend to tell her that she is great, and fun, and pretty, but we will not be getting any more physical than we are already, and to dispel any notion of a relationship beyond friends.
>>
File: 1418874772863.jpg (925KB, 3186x3122px) Image search: [Google]
1418874772863.jpg
925KB, 3186x3122px
>>18491848
This really doesn't feel easy, because she isn't mean to me, she talks often, and she thinks I'm hilarious. I think I'm just another 4chan man who is steeped under twelve layers of irony and lame in a lot of aspects, but something clicks with her. For example, just two days ago, she had a horrible day at work. I had no idea, so it didn't stop me from playing dumb and sending her jokes and banter. She tells me the next day that I had no idea what a relief I was and that I was the highlight of her day. I can believe this, considering the timing. But this is the person who I will be rejecting, in her eyes. I didn't and I won't use her, but I'm not interested in fulfilling this image she has of me of being a "different guy" from the others. Maybe I am, maybe I'm not, but I feel like I'm going to be letting down a really nice girl who just, has/had a lifestyle that I don't belong in.

Am I right in meeting up to clear the air? I understand wholeheartedly why people communicate everything through texts; It makes life so much easier and you save everyone the trip and embarrassment. She keeps asking if she's pretty and she texts first often, and from her own words, it's clear she has self esteem issues, and I'd really hate if I had to put a deeper dent in her own self image. She already is thinking that this meeting is a date, and is throwing the texts about cleaning her place and asking if I have plans for the next day "just in case". I already told her nothing sexual will happen, but that's exactly how things got to be where they are now. I will talk, she will make a flirt, I keep a distance, she closes the distance. I just want her to find someone else to sleep with that isn't a jerk, and for us to keep talking and joking with each other. It works well so far for us, I want to continue what we have.

I know this is 4chan, and this sort of problem and advice request is begging for a battle of the sexes, but I just hope people understand where I'm coming from.
>>
You're loving it, aren't you

Don't reject her, instead talk to her about her behavior, and how it might repel guys she wants to be in relationships with. During the conversation she will realize that she'd made a fool of herself, and retract any advancements towards you. You don't even have to acknowledge the fact that you suspect her to want a relationship with you, just talk to her as a friend, and she'll probably be the one 'rejecting' any prospects of the two of you as a couple. Soft guilt trip (patent pending)
>>
>>18492031
I'm enjoying the company, yes. She's really not a terrible person, just not someone I want to date, and considering her history, definitely not someone to have sex with, only to later explain that I'm interested in another girl. I'm a single guy, she seems to willing to suck my dick, but that would hurt her in such ways that we'd never speak again, and I don't want that, especially not so soon.

I really like that idea, I'm just worried that she won't take the hint and continue pushing it. I think I can talk to her regarding her behavior. I think I've built the trust to handle that and not in a way that she'll feel bad or embarrassed about it.

She just sent me boob pics, which prompted me to check on my thread. I'm not asking for these, I'm not even flirting.
>>
>>18491845

Well, don't lead her on. Tell her she's quickly become a good friend, and you think she'd continue to make a good partner in crime, but you aren't interested in being more than friends romantically or sexually. But she's great company, and you can be her wingman. Or something light, like that.
>>
>>18492231
This is great advice. You guys can work through your issues together. You obviously seem like you need to get laid at some point though
>>
>>18491845
Only thing you have too say too her is you love her like a sister
>>
>>18492231
>>18492336
Fair enough. I hope it will be an easy sell. She already pulled the "soulmate" card. This was all today, I needed to schedule a talk.
>>18492273
Sure. I want to get laid, but with a girl I like in that way.

Okay, so cafe meetup it is
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.