[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know I should love my grandparents, care about them, and enjoy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: whatswrongwithme.gif (2MB, 320x184px) Image search: [Google]
whatswrongwithme.gif
2MB, 320x184px
I know I should love my grandparents, care about them, and enjoy visiting them. I feel like an asshole because I don't. I don't enjoy visiting them and the only upside to seeing them is, "At least now they'll quit bugging me about visiting for a while." I know they're probably going to die soon, and maybe I should take pity on them and just appease them until they kick the bucket, but ideally I'd never visit them again except for just Christmas and maybe Thanksgiving.

Why do I not care about my grandparents? What's wrong with me?
>>
>>18491297

why do you not care about any other random person in the world? blood does not make you love people. I've had to come to terms with the fact that I just dont like my parents. i feel like a monster, but the thought of visiting them at all makes me sad, and im at the point where im just trying to figure out how to cut ties. I feel bad cuz my mom isn't even the 'worst' person ever but i just cant stand what shes been doing.
>>
>>18491305
I don't really have an issue with them, or not anything where I hate them as people so much that I never want to see them again. It's just such a hassle to visit them, and I just don't like being around them. My family is big on...well, family. I just moved back in with my mom after finishing up a temporary job, and I'm fucking exhausted but my mom's already been making plans for me to visit both sets of grandparents. It's boring there. Boring, awkward, both grandfathers making jokes at my expense, one grandfather also being a creepy fuck, one grandmother who's a fat fuck who thinks an acceptable dinner is fried fish with french fries and hush puppies and, to make it healthy, fried zucchini. I have nothing in common with these people
>>
>>18491314

and thats fine as well. we don't need extremes to hate people. its just the way we are. and trying to fight it doesn't help anyone.

so pick your options
>continue to be silent and avoid them as much as possible
>flat out tell your mom you just dont want to visit them indefinitely
>flat out tell THEM that you dont want to visit

seeing as you live with your mom its a lot harder to gain independence, especially if they will come visit her, but yeah.
>>
>>18491320
I just feel like I need a reason for why I shouldn't visit them again. They haven't done anything to me, I'm not busy right now, I don't really have a reason to not visit them...except I just don't want to. I'm fine with them coming here to visit, but I don't want to have to drive two hours to see the creepy grandfather and fat grandmother, then spend an hour the next day driving to my other grandparents, then driving the three hours back home. It's just a lot of work and I feel like an asshole for saying there's not really a reward
>>
You are not forced to love anyone.
>>
>>18491335
I feel like with all they've done for me, I should be more grateful and visit them. I'm just torn between what I feel like I should do and what I want to do
>>
>>18491334

welcome to victimhood. we get in to relationships before the honeymoon phase even begins and once we learn about that person we realize they arent right for us but we feel like we need a 'reason' to break up with them other wise its not valid.

One thing islam does right is that it teaches action vs. intent. Groping a woman is wrong if you do it for sexual reasons, but its fine if she was about to fall and you need to catch her.

hanging out with people cuz you dont have a good reason not to is just stupid. its bad for everyone involved. follow your emotions, be respectful, and just do your own thing. for the most part you can just say 'i dont feel like visiting them' and they'll whine but thats the price we pay.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.