[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else have this weird thing where you don't like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: giphy[1].gif (91KB, 299x225px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
91KB, 299x225px
Does anyone else have this weird thing where you don't like to tell people things about goals you have, either short term or long term? If I have something in mind, and I'm going about doing/attempting it, when someone asks me what I'm doing, it makes me really anxious almost like an embarrassed feeling, even though I have nothing to be embarrassed about. It's really tough to explain.

TL;DR, get anxious when anyone asks me what/why I'm doing anything.
>>
>>18491092
>don't like to tell people things about goals you have, either short term or long term?
You're ashamed.
Accept who you are are not the movie in your head.
>>
>>18491092

I don't get anxious, but I do believe that if I tell too soon, I'll jinx it and unavoidably fuck up. I prefer to tell about my goals when I'm sure I can reach them.
>>
>>18491115
But it's about anything. I literally went to buy new shoes today, and when I got back my dad (yeah, still at home) asked me what I was doing, and I made something up about going out to get food, instead of just saying I bought new shoes.

Although, I did get advice from /fa/, and they're pretty dressy shoes, so maybe I did feel a little ashamed, because I've never cared about how I look before.
>>
I've secretly been planning on leaving the united states without telling anyone and going back to my home country for about 1 year now. I have it all planned out and I plan on not even breaking up with my girlfriend or telling any of my friends or my father or mother. I'm just going to get on a plane and take off and settle in with my relatives back home. My cousin back in Puerto Montt is the only one that knows.

yet as the plan gets closer, I feel anxious about not telling people. It's this secret I've held so long, over mounting feelings over 10 years and now it's all coming to a peak.

I know Exactly what you feel anon.
>>
You shouldn't do it anyway. Studies prove that people who tell others about their goals, whatever it might be, are less likely to go through with it.
>>
>>18491092
Start by telling YOURSELF about the goals you have, and what/why you're doing anything, before telling anyone else. Try to articulate what it is exactly you are doing and why, write this shit down or say it aloud and record it.

I believe the anxiety doesn't come from telling other people but of just putting into words what you are doing. Because once you do it's no longer an idea in your head and it becomes a part of reality. Now you're accountable for it. And if you say you're going for this one goal, but you aren't doing it, it's a sign that you were either dishonest with your goals, not accountable for them, or both.

Once you fully take responsibility for your goals and what it takes to achieve them. Then what others think won't seem that important. To the point where when other's ask you won't even bother telling them the whole story. Not out of shame or embarrassment but out of the fact that they will never understand the importance you hold your goals like you do.
>>
>>18491092
I don't like to discuss my personal goals with other people too. It's funny how I actually like to talk about my personal goals or really embarrassing details with complete strangers, but not with most of my family. I am not that embarrassed even, I just get annoyed because they don't seem to listen when I do tell them something, and just say something like "good for you Anon, keep going" and instead they are anticipating to tell me something completely mundane or boring about something related to the household or the immediate surroundings.
>>
>>18491179
>>18491181
>>18491184
>>18491170
I know what you guys are saying, but this is the kind of stuff i'm talking about
>>18491148
>>
I get the same way even when it's not about anything embarrassing. I feel like if they do know it makes it more difficult to go about doing it and I think "oh great, they're in on it too" even if they play no part in what I'm doing. It's weird, like I'm "splitting" the goal between them and I no longer have complete control over it. I'm not really one to keep secrets either, it just makes me feel uneasy.

Maybe it's as simple as being afraid of not pulling through with your goal now that you've let others in on it from the fear of judgement/evaluation.
>>
hate telling people my goals, or what I do for work, or the who/what/where of my life.
>>
>>18491092
don't tell anyone what your gonna do. tell them what you've done
>>
>>18491092
> Does anyone else have this weird thing where you don't like to tell people things about goals you have, either short term or long term?
It's not really a bad thing. If you go around talking about your plans too much you lose motivation to actually do them.
>>
>>18491092

who cares man

just spill your guts and you'll find who your true friends are
>>
you shouldn't tell anyone
when they see you achieving your goals they'll become jealous and spiteful over not reaching their own
>>
>>18491272

do tell those that support you and care about you, though.
>>
>>18491092
Yeah, but then I'm an emotionally repressed and distrustful prick.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.