[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

watched a video in another thread about jordan peterson talking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_o43ywso6Wq1u5evyno1_1280.jpg (86KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o43ywso6Wq1u5evyno1_1280.jpg
86KB, 640x640px
watched a video in another thread about jordan peterson talking about social circles and how it's bad to be completely passive. i related and identified with everything that he said and everything he talked about were things i have problems with. however, my biggest problem is that i genuinely don't know how to defend myself 'verbally', or show i have 'teeth' rather.

in fact, this problem has ironically led to me fucking up a relationship with a recent circle or friends beyond repair (at least from my perspective anyway). i'm not in contact with these people anymore because of it.

any advice?
>>
>>18490695
Too much meta question.
>defend myself
>show teeth
If you are boy, all you have to do is to locate your balls. Were you raised by single mother?

Either describe some concrete situation or ask something more specific, unless you enjoy general advice
>dont be yourself

>fucking up relationship with a circle of friends
They either werent your friends in the first place or you simply have autism. Apologize works every time.
>>
>>18490695

dont be passive?
>>
It's a learned behavior that often comes with age and practice.

When you are young it is often in your best interest to be sort of subservient, your boss may explode if you question his burger joint, and you won't be getting a raise anyway.

Later you need to learn how to put your foot down. Practice with little shit. I used to be so passive that I would accept wrong orders from restaurants. I wouldn't ask for higher salaries and always kept my head down.

Try little shit first. Get an order corrected, look for opportunities.

It is however important not to become the key jangling soccer mom who DEMANDS TO SEE A MANAGER! Be polite and cordial but firm. Don't get cheeky and ass-holy unless provoked. It's mostly about standing up for yourself and your principles. You don't have to meet every challenge, but you can ask your neighbor not to have his dog piss on your lawn every morning, causing that dead spot in the grass.

Banter is among friends is also a good way to start, though it is tricky. You might rag on your friends shirt or something, but don't cut them personally. Invite a jab at yourself. wear something that seems kind of stupid or ill-fitting.

Being overly polite and careful all the time can make you seem distant and not invested in people enough to show your true colors.
>>
>>18490736
i've considered contacting my recent friends and apologizing again. but i'm afraid in case i end up just as miserable as i was before. is there no way to apologize without showing humility.
>>
>>18490695
>defend myself 'verbally',
Your mom is a dominating bitch.
You need to look at your mom from a disrespectful view point, like she's the nastiest skank and verbalize that shit in your head.

Don't respect people that can't hurt you physically that's the second step to be verbalizing mad furious lyrical McNasty.
>>
>>18491081
>Don't respect people that can't hurt you physically that's the second step to be verbalizing mad furious lyrical McNasty.
yeah, i had a feeling 'defending myself verbally' sounded more stupid that i thought, but i still went with it for some reason. lol
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.