[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is everyone rude and disrespectful to me? Because I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: 1498639678259.jpg (42KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1498639678259.jpg
42KB, 600x450px
why is everyone rude and disrespectful to me?

Because I let it happen?
>>
>>18490093
People are rude and disrespectful because they lack the proper respect for one another due to many factors. This to a degree you will need to tolerate as the issue is so pervasive you cannot fix it.
It's quite another thing to be taken advantage of. That you must not let happen without sticking up for yourself or at least being aware of it and choosing to "pick your battles".
>>
>>18490103

No I mean EVERYONE is super dismissive toward me. More than enough to start bothering me.
>>
>>18490125

"Everyone" is unlikely to be the problem. Either you're unconsciously being rude at them and they retaliate or you misinterpret normal or minor things as rudeness or disrespect.
>>
Sounds like you're just whiney and annoying
>>
>>18490125
If you're in New York or a big city like that, it's typical for almost everyone to be rude. Otherwise it's you or you're interpretation of rude.
>>
>>18490128
>"Everyone" is unlikely to be the problem

That's why I'm asking here. My best guess is that I'm not especially "close" to anyone so they feel no duty to treat me as a human being.

>>18490132

That's illogical. If I were whiny my peers would be belligerent, not dismissive.
>>
>>18490093
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G4IPEBpoad0
>>
>>18490142

Just as I thought. I have to start punishing.
>>
>>18490142

Also I have to mention I'm not trying to get anyone to like me nor do I get close to peers (as mentioned >>18490141).

I'm asking you what the time is and you're purposefully ignoring me.

It's ridiculous.
>>
>>18490141
its hella easy to mistake indifference for hatred anon please dont dismiss my opinion because i used the word hella
>>
>>18490156
You should have social walls.
>>
>>18490165

Please elaborate?
>>
>>18490141

What exactly do you mean when you say people are dismissive or don't treat you as a human being? Seems quite dramatic way of putting it. Especially since it seems that you're talking about strangers or acquaintances.
>>
>>18490162
>I'm asking you what the time is and you're purposefully ignoring me.
I'm not ignoring you. I haven't seen you asking anything. What are you trying to say? What do you mean what time?
>>
>>18490169
Watch the video.

Preventing others from hurting you isn't same as punishment
>>
>>18490171

Partly obvious is that I haven't many interests other than my work (which I won't bother you with) and relaxing/having a good time;

but being an involuntary spectator in every conversation when I have solid input is not OK.

You're talking about cars, I don't drive nor know anything about cars, I'll ask a simple question, and 9/10 times it's as if I didn't say anything. Conversation goes on without my answer.

>>18490173
>Hey [name], can you tell me what time it is?
>... ([name] proceeds to scroll through facebook on their phone)

>>18490177

I've seen the video. What exactly does prevention constitute?
>>
>>18490177
watch the video again. you need to let it be known you have teeth. I do it all the time at work. gotta do it again tomorrow in at least three different situations.

the people that put up walls are specifically noted as the people incapable of preventing themselves from being hurt and put up those social walls after the fact.
>>
Don't listen to these dumb fags preaching "biting back." If "everyone" is actually being rude and disrespectful to you, chances are it's something about you and "biting back" will only make people hate you even more.

But let's step back a little.

1. Are these guys actually being rude to you?
Often times, sensitive people with a lot of insecurities think people are being rude to them when they're just treating you normally. Maybe they're not being rude to you, maybe you're just insecure.

2. How many is "everyone?"
If you're interacting with only a few people in your day to day life, maybe the group you interact with right now is just full of jerks and all you gotta do is expose yourself to a different set of people.

If you don't think the above two categories apply, then I'd start to worry.

1. You're actually an asshole and you don't even know it.
There's someone at work that's really hard to approach. Whenever he talks he just rambles on and on about what he wants to talk about, and when people start to ignore him he gets upset because he's getting ignored. A few days ago, a bunch of people got laid off at work, and the first thing he said was "well this sucks because I was thinking about applying internally and now I have to compete with all these guys." Normal people may think this, but stop themselves from saying it out loud. It's no wonder he gets disrespected by most people.

2. You're not an asshole, but you're just annoying.
Maybe you're not an asshole, but maybe there's just something about you that annoys people. Maybe you try too hard to "fake it" in social situations and it really ruins the mood for everyone. Maybe you talk to girls in a really cringy manner and it also makes people facepalm. If you annoy people frequently enough, people will start being rude to you.
>>
>>18490232

Do I seem insecure?
>>
>>18490248
Look son, if you're asking me if you sound insecure, what do you think I'd say? You need someone IRL to give you an objective view on this. Maybe you're just sensitive and it's your insecurity talking. Maybe they're just assholes. Point is, we can't help you from this thread because we don't know you or the people you interact with.
>>
>>18490211
>Hey [name], can you tell me what time it is?
>... ([name] proceeds to scroll through facebook on their phone)
Oh you mean people in general do that? I thought you were blaming me.

Maybe you have a weak voice? Maybe they get mad and ignore you (childish but still)? How should we know?

>I've seen the video. What exactly does prevention constitute?
Saying "cut that shit out" and having an appearance that shows you are ready to say "cut that shit out".

>>18490216
>you need to let it be known you have teeth.
Not the same thing as punishing. Punishing means revenge. It's cowardly.

Making walls was a wrong way to say it. Set your boundaries could be better.

>[4:00] if you run into people who only have boundaries when others impose them and you won't do it you will be bullied
>>
>>18490232
>Don't listen to these dumb fags preaching "biting back."
So you don't agree that you don't have to please everyone and then you call people fags...?

Or maybe you don't understand what biting back means? In that case watch the video
>>
>>18490280
what the fuck, i don't have any problem with anyone in real life right now so i dont have to watch any video. you don't know OP and his problems all OP said was people in his life are rude to him and you automatically assume his problems can be bettered by watching a 5 minute video of some self help guy.

Please.
>>
>>18490300
If you aren't watching a video you don't know what we are talking about. If you don't know what we are talking about why do you feel need to comment?
And you seriously don't have patience to watch 5 min video? And if you really think you come along with everyone and at the same time talk like that on the internet I think that video would be just for you

>you automatically assume his problems can be bettered by watching a 5 minute video of some self help guy.
What are you doing to help OP? Giving him 10s worth of words? How is that better?

And yea maybe 5 min video won't instantly fix everything but it can help.
>>
In the same boat as OP and I'm always dismissed as being childish or ignored. I also have a soft voice but I try to be polite and smile at people even if I die on the inside. It's bs because people will walk on you and vent shit on you and the moment you drop your facade everything goes to shit and you're still gonna be the blame for appearing all of a sudden angry, stuck up, arrogant, etc..
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.