[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

(1/2) Friend A's girlfriend cheated on him with friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1499158620185.jpg (79KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1499158620185.jpg
79KB, 600x800px
(1/2)

Friend A's girlfriend cheated on him with friend B. This happened a few weeks ago during a turbulent period in their relationship

A does not know yet.

A is a great, innocent guy though sometimes a little naive. I'm good friends with him.

B is a bit of a superficial douchebag, and evidently a garbage human being. I'm not that close with him.

I would definitely tell A if it wasn't for the facts that:

1) Telling A would definitely rip apart a group of friends to which I only superficially belong. The group -like any group- has member that do not necessarily like each other. This means that quite a few members would likely side with B in spite of him cheating, as A isn't that close at all with a few group members while B definitely is. Also: the the most popular guys in the group side with B which means they also pull over a few people to B's side. Everyone does agree that what B did is very wrong and we made this very obvious to him.

I do not want to be responsible for ruining their friendships

2) I got told this in secrecy, not only from person A and B, but also from the rest of our group of friends (11 guys of which 5 know about the cheating) This also means I'm not able to convince them either as I'm not supposed to speak with them about this.

I do not want to forsake the trust the guy who told me expected me to have.

3) the bigger part of the group of people who know leans towards not telling A as soon as possible. (They'd rather see him live a happy lie, as to preserve their group of friends, keep in mind that the larger part of this group of people who know are close with B but not close with A. The group members that do not know are more likely to side with A).
>>
(2/2)

Small things that add to the difficulty:

A and his gf are both part of another group which are going to go on a holiday this summer. We would split them up too

B is moving away this summer, waiting would make the social situation easier.

The relationship between A and his gf will likely not last.

Making a decision should be unanimous, if I were to go off and tell A that would likely make matters worse as far as the group is concerned. I hate to admitt to my own superficiality, but i would also likely lose from that myself, because I betray the people who told me and would be seen as responsible for splitting up the group.

We also have no way to punish A's girlfriend. B got a LOT of flack for this already, he has shown remorse too. The girlfriend has in the past played it off to the turbulence of their relationship at the time and knowing her, she will likely be successful in playing it off like that if publicly exposed.

What would be a good course of actions? We also wanted to look into giving the gf an ultimatum, "you have a week to tell A or we will tell him".

And perhaps we won't even tell him at all, as bad as that may sound. If we are content with not telling now, there should be no trouble in never telling. Telling after they break up would only hurt A more as he learns not to trust us.
>>
Dude, just fucking tell the guy. He deserves to know. You're a douchebag that's just as bad as the cheating slut and asshole if you don't.
>>
Seriously OP, every second you don't tell the bf is just adding to this injustice. FUCKING TELL HIM. If you don't, you're a bitch coward who would rather "keep the peace" than acknowledge your own friend's trust.
>>
tell him!, you aren't ruining the friendship the guy that fucked his girlfriend is. telling him allows him to remove these snakes from his life.
>>
fucking tell him, none of them sound like friends. so you're not tearing apart friendships. if they were friends B would have gotten his ass kicked. for what he did.
>>
>>18489924
>We also wanted to look into giving the gf an ultimatum, "you have a week to tell A or we will tell him".
this is a decent idea. bitch needs to live up to her bullshit.
>>
>>18489922
Tell your friend then find another group of m8ts who aren't complete douchebags....
>>
don't tell him if b is not going to be in contact
if a's like your best friend tell him
>>
>>18489922
what about the piece of shit gf of A? She's shit too and you should save A from the cunt.
>>
>>18489934
>>18489942
>>18489943
>>18489960
>>18489965
>>18490636
These
It's as simple as if you were in A's shoes would you want to know?
I know I would want to know, the truth. always the truth
>>
> tells everyone the truth except the victim; and the group decides to let him be "happy" while let him be with an obvious whore
i would not want to be friends with you or your group
>>
>>18489934
I can attest to this. I was engaged into a woman who was a serial cheater (didn't know until things came to a boil), and the entire time one of my best friends knew that she had slept with another one of my best friends.

For 5 years I had no idea the guy who I was closest to had slept with the girl I was engaged with. It was one of the worst feelings in the world and my friend's negligence to tell me that my other friend had done that caused me a lot of headache because it allowed her to cheat on even more people, all so he wouldn't have to break up the friend group.

Do the right thing.
>>
Go with the ultimatum. Really, in truth though there's quite a bit of reason that goes into the saying "ignorance is bliss"
>>
>>18489922
Give friend A anonymous proofs in the e-mail , make a fake e-mail .
Don't get involved in the drama directly.
>>
>We also wanted to look into giving the gf an ultimatum, "you have a week to tell A or we will tell him".
Do this ASAP
>>
You refuse to tell him not out of altruism but selfishness and cowardice. Face up to that and make a choice to either be a friend or a coward. If people want to side with friend B then they wouldn't be good friends to you anyway.
>>
>>18491186
This. Do it anonymously if you have to but ffs OP, stop being a coward and tell your friend what he deserves to know. You know you would want to know to too.

> They'd rather see him live a happy lie, as to preserve their group of friends
The group splitting doesn't sound that bad if it means you get cut off from bastards like that. Seriously OP, that's a disgustingly selfish reasoning. If they believe their own comfort is more important than A's ACTUAL happiness, that means they're not really a friend. And if they'd do it to him, they would lie to your face as well if it's more convenient to them.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.