[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw addicted to 4chan >browse it 12 hours a day >know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (32KB, 625x350px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 625x350px
>tfw addicted to 4chan
>browse it 12 hours a day
>know i'm wasting my 20's here
>nowhere else to go
>real life is too painful
>too afraid to face the root of my problems

I'm stuck here what the fuck do I do?
>>
Go to a board of a subject that you feel can help either you or your future and lurk.
>>
>>18489864
Do you have a job?
>>
>>18489870
Yes. Cashier at Wal-Mart.
>>
>>18489864
Start watching twitch girls
>>
>>18489871
Full time or part time
>>
>>18489879
part time
>>
>>18489883
Have you tried getting a full time or more fulfilling job?
>>
>>18489884
nope. it's my first job. Even with a full-time job I would be addicted to 4chan.
>>
>>18489892
Have you tried blocking 4chan for periods of the day?
>>
>>18489892
You're right. Even at 40 hours a week, there's a lot of time to be on 4chan. The problem is the fact you don't have anything of substance in your life. You have a part time job--that's all. Where are your friends? No girlfriend? Too fat or undesirable for either? Get to the gym. A membership at the lamest gym imaginable is 20 bucks a month, tops. You can afford that on your part time job.

Point is, you need hobbies. You need friends. you need to fill your time with shit other than 4chan. Until you start filling up your life with other things, you won't get away from this place.
>>
>>18489864
/leftypol/ helped me with my previous /pol/ addiction, since they debunked many of the bullshit claims that circulated on /pol/, but even on /leftypol/ you meet many delusional fucktards.

Otherwise, listen to >>18489897
>>
>>18489911
Who brought up pol?
>>
>>18489920
I just made an estimation, it's the biggest board on 4chan. Sorry if I was wrong.
>>
>>18489892
>I would be addicted to 4chan.
Is this what you're nailing as the root cause of your shitty life?

Because if so, boy are you in for a fucking shock.

There isn't anything wrong with imageboards. It's just another form of social media.

If you weren't here, you'd just be idling your life away some other way. Maybe on forums, maybe on YouTube.

You need to drill down a little deeper dude.
>>
>>18489955
Well I don't know how to dig deeper
>>
>too afraid to face the root of my problems
What are your problems irl?
>>
>>18489864
Addictions are habits. A circuit in your brain is looping, and the executive control mechanism isn't strong enough to override it.
Basically, you can have habits (good or bad) and deliberate exertions of will. Everyone's life is a balance of the two, but some people get out of balance.
Your 4chan addiction gets stronger the more you stay in the loop. Make a conscious effort right now to will yourself to turn off the computer, go outside, and walk for at least a mile. Drink a full glass of water (only water: not soda or coffee) afterwards and plan in your head how you would do one thing that you have never done before: how to learn to play the ukulele, how to make a trip to Canada, how to grow and feed a Venus flytrap, whatever. You don't have to do any of those things, but thinking about something you have never done and the steps needed for doing it will help interrupt your habitual cycles. Do the walk, water, and thinking the next time you catch yourself on /pol/ too.
You have other problems ("life is too painful"), sure, but the brain is a wet machine that works by circuitry, and you can short out a non-chemically-reinforced looped behavior (i.e. Not a drug addiction) like browsing 4chan.
Also, if you browse on a desktop, try rearranging your room to change the visual stimuli you see when working at the computer. Put the computer in the other side of the room or in a different room so that using the computer feels different.
>>
Bumping out of realization that I wasted the day here and need help too.
>>
>>18489950
Good boy. My addiction to loli threads on /b/ is a defining part of identity.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.