[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you let go of the past and forgive yourself for something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: guilt_by_mare_of_night-d3a5szp.jpg (62KB, 1176x680px) Image search: [Google]
guilt_by_mare_of_night-d3a5szp.jpg
62KB, 1176x680px
How do you let go of the past and forgive yourself for something terrible you've done? Nothing criminal or illegal, just highly unethical. I find myself unable to move forward in life and enjoy myself because I've hurt someone I cared about and compromised my own morals in the process.
>>
>>18489530
If possible the first thing you should do is apologize to them and promise to be a better person. That will help ease the pain the most.
>>
what did you do op?
>>
>>18489535
That's already been done but what if the person doesn't accept your forgiveness? What if the wounds you've inflicted run deep?
>>
>>18489530
You dont. Itll.hit you now and then even 10 years from now and you will cringe like a mf.

If its any solace, EVERYONE shares your experience. You arent alone, nor are you any particular piece of shit.
>>
>>18489539
Then just work on being a better person, even if they don't accept your apology you have reached out to them and expressed you were wrong to have done that which is a great start.
>>
>>18489539

we don't apologize to benefit our selves. we apologize to benefit others, because we should show remorse for the bad things we've done. to keep them bottled up shows that you have no humility.

apologize. subtly. even if its just an email that says 'im sorry'. so they at least know how you feel in the present. it doesn't matter if someone forgives you, you still owe them an apology.

beyond that we cant help you til you stop being an attention whore and tell us what you did.
>>
>>18489542
>You arent alone, nor are you any particular piece of shit.

I know everyone has their shitty moments, but aren't some pieces of shit darker than others? Not everyone breaks the same ethical boundaries.

>>18489546
I honestly feel like I should kill myself though. Really it only takes one misdeed to cast a shadow on your entire life.
>>
>>18489564
Killing yourself would actually make them feel bad. What did you do?
>>
>>18489568
Made out with a friend's gf
>>
>>18489564

Yeah. Some commit crimes some find themselves in situations where they become greedy and seriously hurt someone.

You said it yourself. You didnt murder anybody.

Im generally a very nice genuine dude, i help people as much as i can, never shit talk, i give to charity, im in a relationship where im extremely faithful despite being fully capable of being unfaithful (even work far from home for weeks at a time.) and i genuinely love and care about people. Even strangers.

I also cheated in a past relationship, ive bullied and taken part in destroying the self esteem of others, and done a lot of other terrible shit that no one would be proud of.

Im very much haunted by myself. But life goes on, man. Be better tomorrow. Catch and correct yourself next time youre a total shitbag. Thats about all you can do.
>>
It's a girlfriend. Not a wife. One day you and your friend and probably gonna look back and laugh at the fact that you guys treated it so seriously.
>>
>>18489593
Yeah but at what point can you make up for past sins and redeem yourself as a person? You said you've done all these shitty things in the past - does your SO know about this? How does she feel about it?
>>
>>18489659
The difference between the two is pretty negligible. The point is OP still betrayed someone's trust and hurt that person, and for that he's an asshole who should suffer.
>>
>>18489530
If it wasn't me, it could had been someone else, I saved the morality of a person, im a fucking hero!
>>
>>18489530
You don't. You carry that guilt around with you forever and slowly let it kill you.
>>
I feel as if I've done worse, and my ultimate advice is to learn from your mistakes and be confident in yourself that you won't ever do it again. you can't undo anything, only learn, and it isn't the end of the world. Like what they say in wrestling and jiu jitsu, " You either win, or you learn." speaking of those martial arts, try them. They've helped plenty of people, including myself. You can learn a lot by getting your ass whooped by someone 6 inches shorter than you and about 3/4 of the muscle. there's also the fact that exercise just makes you feel better. I've also made great friends in both.
>>
>>18491503
Oh yeah and what have you done?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.