[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when i was a kid, i was schizophrenic. I hallucinated very often,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 20170427_085627.png (2MB, 1439x1526px) Image search: [Google]
20170427_085627.png
2MB, 1439x1526px
when i was a kid, i was schizophrenic. I hallucinated very often, and i was very delusional. and when i turned like 10 or something they stopped for the most part, not happening often enough or intense enough to consider myself schizo.

recently, ive dropped a very unhealthy amount of 25i, and not only am i stuck on a permanent trip, the hallucinations that i had when i was a kid have since come back. im wise enough now to know that they arent real, but they are pretty annoying and i find them quite disturbing sometimes.

should i be concerned? technically ive always been schizophrenic, and nothings really new to me, but i actually do feel like im going insane. im not sure how much i can take of this.
>>
Schizophrenia symptoms don't really show up until you're at least into your teens, and I've never heard of them going away on their own. I don't think it was schizophrenia. Perhaps you were having sleep terrors or you have some sort of dissociative personality disorder.

Find a good therapist, not just a rando, but one that you can really trust and feel comfortable around. Maybe medication is in order and they can direct you toward a psychiatrist, but at the very least, talk therapy is a good idea.
>>
>>18489150
no schizophrenia can go away with enough help and what not. look up residual schizophrenia.
>>
>>18489154
>"with enough help"
> I've never heard of them going away on their own

u wot
>>
>>18489158
it appears i misread that
>>
>>18489161
lol but to be fair i'm kinda just pulling shit out of my ass based on the one schizophrenic relative i have. I just think it's unlikely that this person actually has such a rare case of schizophrenia given that its a post on /adv/ lol
>>
>>18489173
a reasonable concern, but that's no way to contribute to a thread. a schizo cousin? now that's a pretty good insight.
>>
>>18489133
You're not schizophrenic, you have schizoaffective disorder. I didn't have that as a kid, but when I was depressed and doing drugs on a regular I started having an episode. How are you, psychologically speaking. Would you say that you have been feeling stressed or depressed lately?
>>
>>18489188
yes i would
>>
File: 1498868967878.jpg (48KB, 960x736px) Image search: [Google]
1498868967878.jpg
48KB, 960x736px
>>18489133
>should i be concerned

I should say so. PPD is a bad problem. Antipsychotics may help.
>>
Actual shrink here

>>18489133
Don't fuck with hallucinogen if you have any history of psychotic symptoms. That includes marijuana. Unlike most people, you run the real risk of not coming back.

>>18489150
Childhood schizophrenia isn't unknown. Neither is a sudden lessening of childhood symptoms. We don't really know what schizophrenia is, how it works, where it comes from, why its degenerative in some people. Its just a descriptive diagnosis. Delusions and hallucinations. If OP had the symptoms for two months that would be more than enough to get the ball rolling on a diagnosis.

OP needs to go to a psychiatrist with experience in dual diagnosis, specifically hallucinogen abuse in patients with psychotic spectrum disorders, and he needs to stay clean.
>>
>>18489188
>schizoaffective disorder
Maybe, although that diagnosis is a garbage can. OP is complaining about the psychotic symptoms, we don't have the data for a Major Depressive Episode or Mixed Episode and I'd wager OP would have mentioned Mania.

>>18489200
They might or they might not. I'm not intimately familiar with 25i, but psychosis caused by heavy marijuana abuse in people with underlying mental illness is medication resistant. The same is true with the more garden variety hallucinogens.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.