[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How am I supposed to know if I have multiple personalities or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

How am I supposed to know if I have multiple personalities or DiD? Does anyone here have it and can explain what it's like? I'm not going to talk to a psychiatrist. psychiatrist Fuck them.
>>
>>18488824

by talking to a psychiatrist.

no, a group of internet strangers cannot make you self aware for a mental disorder that most psychiatrists dont even think exists.
>>
>>18488834
FUCK.
>>
I call myself by a different name in my head.
And I'm convinced I'm trapped in this world because something really bad happened to me in the last one.
Sometimes I cry because I very terribly miss these two people I can't seem to remember- and I feel like I lost them.

I've never talked to anyone about it. I just go on normal like everyone else.

Even if there's some existential thing going on- there isn't anything I can do about it.
So I just focus on this life.
>>
i had a friend who believed he had this disorder, or didnt, i dont quite remember. he's an actor, and whenever he lives in his alternate personality he says he's just acting.

maybe DiD is just uncontrollable acting.
>>
>>18488824
My mom supposedly has DiD. It's not really what you'd think it is. The idea is that a person can create dissociations from their primary ego during extreme trauma as a coping mechanism. It's not so much an entirely new entity as it is a fracture of the whole, a part of the ego used as an escape.

The hollywood idea of "multiple personalities" has pretty much been wholly discredited. It's not like somebody with DiD is Jeff the accountant one minute and then Lisa the astronaut the next. I went 16 some odd years from my birth without knowing my mom had DiD, all I knew was that there was something very wrong with her. The same thing with my dad. That's how long it took for my mom to start seeing a psychiatrist who then claimed she had DiD. So it's definitively not something that's just obvious, to observers it basically just looks like being fucked in the head.

It would be borderline impossible for you diagnose yourself with it. I suppose you might try looking out for gaps in memory, apparently they're not something you really notice until you actually start looking for them.
>>
>>18489278
Could you elaborate in the fracture of the whole thing please?
>>
>>18489504
Sorry I'm stoned, I mean could you elaborate on the ego thing?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.