[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My gf and I had a huge fight a few weeks ago that led in a one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1485554992314.jpg (106KB, 586x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485554992314.jpg
106KB, 586x720px
My gf and I had a huge fight a few weeks ago that led in a one week break from each other. We cleared the conflict, but it's still not like before. Most things we do seem forced, careful and somehow it's not as fun as before. I honestly don't what to do, it feels like we're breaking up soon.
>>
>>18488491
If you think its inevitable, break up with her first, that way it'll be easier down the road to get back with her again.
>>
File: sucylol.png (541KB, 660x662px) Image search: [Google]
sucylol.png
541KB, 660x662px
looks like the typical Knapp's Relationship Model. According to that, you're fucked.

If you really want to "save it" both sides need to be willing to do so. If your gf is already kind of meh about the relationship, she's gonna jump ship asap. If I were you, I'd make it clear to her that you really want to stay with her (only if you mean it) and see if she feels the same. If not, then be prepared to be hit with depression...
>>
You may have needed a longer break from each other. Give your girlfriend more time to miss what you once had.
>>
It's hard to say for sure why that is happening and what to do about it without knowing the details.

Most likely the issue isn't settled. You came back together but one (or, most likely both) of you still can't get over it. You still can't see and empathize with her perspective and she can't see and empathize with yours. So deep down you still think you're right and she's wrong, you're good and she's bad. When that happens you start to demonize your partner, you start to see only the bad things and ignore the good ones. You take a negative perspective on everything she does and says. To truly get over it you must find a way to empathize with her point of view and she must find a way to empathize with yours. You must try to put yourself in the other persons perspective, to think as she thinks and to understand where she's coming from, without resorting to simple, narrow-minded explanations that are too reductive or straight-up wrong (things like "she's selfish", "she's stubborn", "she's cowardly", "she's spiteful" etc. Avoid those).

Of course, this is only a guess, but it happens very often and it's a very common reason for failed relationships. If this is the case you only fix it with more discussion on the subject that caused the argument while keeping an open mind and trying to empathize with the other persons perspective. I know I'm repeating myself here, but it's very important. Instead of being confrontational you must be open, understanding and honest with her and yourself. Instead of expressing the anger you feel you must express pain that caused it. And she must do the same.
>>
>>18488491
Have you tried talking to her about it?

Even if you genuinely resolved the issue, just the fact that you took a break from each other may make you worried that the commitment to being in the relationship is somehow gone or that the problem is not really resolved.

Sometimes just trying to clear the air and talking about what is troubling you can give you some idea of what is happening and reassurance that everything really is ok.
>>
>>18488491
if you and your girlfriend are passed the issue and want to keep the relationship, time'll fix it.
if one of you doesn't you'll break up soon. either fight for the relationship or break up/give up, but after a big fight, things will be tense. it just needs time to heal.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.