[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For the past 5 years I've been in two relationships with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1499270370607.jpg (19KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1499270370607.jpg
19KB, 540x540px
For the past 5 years I've been in two relationships with 5 months of being single in between.
Currently in the second relationship, it doesn't feel like I have a personality of my own, probably because I adopt all of the interests my SO has.
I'm starting to hate feeling this way and really just want to be alone for a long time.
However, I still love and care about how my SO feels, and as much as I want to be alone I can't bring myself to hurt them.
I have no desire to have sex anymore, I'm not that affectionate anymore, I'm not as patient or tolerant as I used to be, and I can tell this hurts them.
Basically I want to be alone so I can see what kind of person I am on my own, but I don't know if this is worth ending a 3 year relationship over.
It feels that by just considering this that the relationship is over.
What do, does this all sound like a load of bullshit, help.
>>
>>18487838
It's called self erasure. You probably did it as a kid because it was all about your parents needs so you adapted to your environment. It's a sad thing that happens to kids.
>>
Maybe take a break and re-discover some of your own old interests again.
>>
I did this. I ended a three year relationship a year ago to be alone and learn about myself. It's a very, very good idea. You're not happy & you already know what you have to do.
>>
>>18488035
That sounds very likely
>>18488056
I've never been ok with taking breaks from a relationship. It either says or ends permanently.
>>18488082
Feels bad man but this is probably what I'll have to do.
>>
>>18488627
I just dumped my gf of two years yesterday for this reason mostly, but partially because I want to see if the degenerate life is the life for me. if you explain your concerns it does damage control, and you won't end on a horrible note but it will still suck. are you male or female OP?
>>
>>18488686
I don't plan on doing anything degenerate if I go through with this. The plan is to just be alone and focus on school, fitness, and hobbies. My gender is irrelevant :^)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.