[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm kind of in a rut... how do I recognize manipulation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_8715.jpg (219KB, 2048x1538px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8715.jpg
219KB, 2048x1538px
I'm kind of in a rut... how do I recognize manipulation? I'm in a situation where a good friend has displayed some very questionable behaviors and I want to know what's up. My story sounds similar to many others but I just want to know what to look out for.
>>
it depends on the depth of manipulation.

are we talking "making you get the TV remote?"

Or are we talking "making their payments for them?"
>>
>>18487518
I guess it's more of the "TV Remote".
>>
>>18487508
Are you doing favors for them that you actually don't want to do? Have you tried just saying "no?" Do they ever do favors in return for you?

Bit tough to answer when you won't give any specifics at all, but that's basically it
>>
>>18487526

learn to recognise the difference between having a generally agree-able personality, and being a doormat.
>>
>>18487508
Practice saying this word until you can pronounce it correctly:

No
>>
>>18487508
Okay I'll give you a check list.
If they don't ask you questions
They show through there actions they don't care about
Get annoyed when you voice your opinion.
It's always about them and what they want.
Manipulation is the action of getting a person to do something for another for there own selfish needs.
>>
>>18487538
>>18487598
>>18487601

Ok I think I got it. Maybe they're not manipulative... maybe it's something else. Would you want me to make another post or write the story here?
>>
>>18487508
Wtf are you on about, are you paranoid?
>>
>>18487617
Sure post it.
>>
>>18487626
I made a seperate thread for my situation.
>>18487721
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.