[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, so I'll try my best to keep this brief and in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 4ng436frUh.jpg (10KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
4ng436frUh.jpg
10KB, 249x249px
Hey /adv/, so I'll try my best to keep this brief and in convenient greentext fashion.

>Be me
>21, gay, been in and out of my parent's place since the age of 16
>Decide to move back in after parents ask me to come back and help out since neither of them work (or are old enough for retirement).
>Absolutely zero freedom, am expected to pay for their poor financial decisions (new 8,000 dollar windows, central air on constantly, cigarettes, alcohol, etc.
>Don't even have my own car yet, and get questioned about where I'm going and what guy I'm fucking this time when I'm out paying their bills

So, tl;dr I need to get the fuck out of my parent's place... again.

My father has tried numerous times to trap me here ('offering' to use his card as a DD for work to make our "transactions" easier, tries his best to not let me save any money, etc.)

I've lived on my own before, but only for about a few months. However, I'm not interested in getting locked into a tenement cage. I want to go to school, a savings account, pretty much my own life. I work as a flagger for around $11/hr, and live in rural eastern Pennsylvania.

So, I guess what I'm asking is: what are the best reliable ways to move from dependence to independence, save/invest money, and pretty much remove all anchors that are weighing your life down? I know this seems like a broad question, however I'm just a young adult who works his ass off and has absolutely nothing to show for it besides a high school diploma.

Thanks in /adv/ance. Pic related.
>>
>>18487296
Get a roommate live in a hotel room. Take on some debt to buy a car. Get better job. Save, pay debts. Once payed off save save save. Go to school, take on some debt if needed. Get better job pay off debt. Walah!
>>
In the short term you need to tell your parents what you told us. You're right, if you pay the bills in the house you should be the primary decision maker or, at the very least, you should have full control of the budget. Tell them that all financial decisions must go through you and you will not pay for financial decisions that you don't approve. Tell them that you don't expect to live with them forever and that therefore you will put aside money for your future.
>>
OP you are fucked
>>
>>18487393
There not going to listen there probably narcissists.
>>
>>18487356

Looking for a roommate as we speak. All of my close friends live out of state, so I've been resorting to various facebook pages for my search. The company I work for also operates in 18 other states, and I plan to ask about how the transferring procedure works and if I'm viable for it (I get along with one of the project managers pretty well, 50% sure I could get him to spin something for me if I tell him about my situation). I plan on going to school for social work by the way, if that matters.

>>18487393
I've tried having a civil discussion that winded up feeling like some sort of ridiculous intervention with the both of them. Hey, since both of you are jobless and have been for about a year now, stop looking for opportunities you think you're entitled to and look for INCOME. My father, ironically an absurdly fanatical Trump supporter, feels ENTITLED to certain salaries because he worked as some grunt data analyst for Bloomberg before they discarded him last year. They have zero financial awareness and are so used to their fenced-in close-minded environment that it seems like they are borderline delusional to the situation they're in.

I've been kicked out and kicked in numerous times, on a couple occasions just because of my sexuality. Mind you, I've been serious about a guy that (of course, they don't like) has agreed it's time we both move the hell out of our baby boomed nightmares; however, he's in a similar situation as well and needs to pay off a lot of college debts and secure his own vehicle as well.

>>18487442
Bingo. That, or completely fucking insane. Either way, I've wasted enough of my youth for a family that doesn't value me or my individuality at all whatsoever. Does anyone have any tips on what states have low living costs, or how to invest money wisely (Stocks, budgeting skills, etc.)?
>>
>>18487468
Move to the south, shit's cheap out there from what I hear. NJfag, don't really know shit about low cost of living, lmao.
>>
>>18487356
this is the best bet. Your income level right now will not allow for total independence.

find the most stable, most boring and mundane roommate you possibly can and plan some stability around that relationship.
>>
>>18487296
>>21, gay
dropped
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.