[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 26 and the only music I really like is pop punk and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

I'm 26 and the only music I really like is pop punk and emo, post hardcore, all that stuff. I like the new stuff coming out, a lot, and I would go to warped tour, too if it was at a city near me.

There is an alternative station in my town that a lot of my friends like, but a lot of that music sounds boring to me. A lot of the people my age are into the arctic monkeys or similar music. And they're OK, but it isn't anything I listen to on spotify or would pay to go to a concert.

Is it weird that I'm almost 30 and still like this kind of music?
>>
Nah, I'm 21 and I'm stuck in early 2000s pop punk/ punk/ metal music.
As long as you stay with the current you're fine
>>
>>18486693

lol
>>
>>18486693
Nah you're attracted to the music that was popular when you were a teenager, that's the story for 90% of people. The same way people in their 40s still crank Motley Crue and Whitesnake when they wanna party.
>>
>>18486693
Man, I should hook you up with my friend. I told him I liked 80s hardcore/crust punk/d-beat and he keeps recommending me that shit for some reason. Also he goes to that tour.
>>
>>18486693
I'm 21 and like
Pixies
The Breeders
Swans
Lush
MBV
Joy Division
Dead or Alive
Modest Mouse
The White Stripes
Patti Smith
Slowdive
The Clash
Gang of Four
Sonic Youth
Talking Heads
The Lovely Bad Things
Television
Yo La Tengo

That's about it :3
>>
>>18486693
I'm 24 and still listen to that stuff. They say the music you like as a teen is what sticks with you as an adult. Also most singers of those bands were already old (late 20s) when their music became popular.
>>
>>18487606
Search
Lilys
The Pastels
Radio Dept
Should
Algernon Cadwallader

You might like a few of them.
>>
>>18487812
Sounds good, thanks man.
>>
>>18487606
I'm really surprised Radiohead isn't on this list
>>
>>18488038
I only have listened to OK Computer but not a lot, is kinda boring? dunno, I have two other albums, I just have not gotten to listen em, I know, I just need to listen more and I'll see what's great about them, It happened to me with a lot of albums.
>>
>>18486693
How about you just listen to whatever the fuck you want? Nobody cares. I'm 29 and still listen to MCR and Billy Talent sometimes. Fuck it.
>>
26 year old
>Almost 30
?????

The music you like is really cringey. Try and dig into every other genre/sub genre possible until you have saved yourself.
>>
>>18486693
music taste doesn't have a 1:1 relation with your location and age: take me for instance i'm an 19 year dutchman old doeing technical university and my music taste is:
>touhou remix's
>the calmer side of vaporwave
>metal
>ost's to educational media
>marches & shanty's
>90's synthpop

no it isn't weird, you just happened to grow up with different media in a different enviroment
>>
>>18488059
What other two do you have? You might try The Bends, it's a bit more grungy and 90s sounding. You could also give In Rainbows a whirl, it has a distinct rock sound to it, which based on your list seems to be what you enjoy.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.