[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Silly question time: I'm going to start learning C++. But

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4143.jpg (130KB, 900x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4143.jpg
130KB, 900x750px
Silly question time: I'm going to start learning C++. But don't know lickity shit about computer stuff. I have a cheesey laptop. It has a weak ass quad core processor. Will this suffice? For like the coding program and compiler.
>>
Yes it will suffice. C++ has been around way longer than quad core processors, you'll be fine
>>
As long as you don't use some resource hungry IDEs, old computers shouldn't face much trouble. Rest assured.
>>
>>18486654
> weak ass quad core processor
First thing to learn is probably how fucking fast that "weak ass" quad core processor actually is.

But sure, it should work just fine.
>>
You need a Raedon 790 at least to run directx 11.6, take out a payment schedule
>>
You will need a GPU to run C++17. Get nvidia 1080 ti
>>
>>18486926

>IDE
What that
>>
>>18487936
an IDE is the environment you code in. You use Photoshop to edit photos, you use an IDE to edit code.
>>
>>18487936
Integrated Development Environment

A piece of software with tools for helping you write and debug code.

You don't need one, a basic text editor will suffice if you're just starting out. It's better not to start out with an IDE so you get a better idea of how things actually work. IDE's do offer better productivity though, so once you're a bit more experienced you might think about switching.
>>
where are the fine lines between a programmer, coder, computer analyst/scientist? if i start learning c++ which catagory would i probably fall into?
>>
>>18488143
All of those titles can be synonymous. I tend to view programmers as falling into two categories: analyst/designer and code monkey.

An analyst/designer is someone who is given or can see a situation or need, and then can designs a solution for the problem. A code monkey is someone who knows the syntax for a programming language and can implement someone's design but can't come up with good designs on their own. Having a code monkey job doesn't make one a code monkey, just like being a good analyst doesn't necessarily make someone a good programmer.

What will you fall into? Well, let's be honest. You don't seem to have very much motivation to actually do any research or try anything yourself. You could have very easily downloaded a compiler and then tried it, but you didn't.

I'm not trying to discourage you, and I would like to be wrong about this, but that lack of motivation means you will probably fail at even being a code monkey unless you find someone who will teach you and tell you exactly what to do (e.g. school).

People who need to be told what to do are almost never people who are good at coming up with solutions.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.