[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to talk about suicide. More importantly, how does someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

I want to talk about suicide. More importantly, how does someone come to a level where they are ready to go through with the suicide?

The only logical thing I can think of is that those who have committed suicide have talked themselves into a state where suicide isn't a scary concept anymore. Much like conditioning ones self to think that something is rational whether it is or isn't. Much like a mantra, or something similar.

Also, the planning stages. How will it be done, where will it be done, etc. I imagine some suicides are very well planned out, to ensure the most success.

Anyways, what is your take on it?
>>
>>18486535
I've had suicidal thoughts before, and it isn't as dramatic as it sounds. Sure, if you really sit down and think about it you'll freak the fuck out, but when you're in the moment it's more like trying to pick which room to clean first in your house. It's not an overwhelming, pulsing urge. It's just an option that seems to make a lot more sense than it actually does. That's my take on it at least, don't know how someone else would deal.
>>
Suicide is for pussies and serves no purpose. You're probably like 15-30 in age which is a fucking speck of time in your full lifetime. In fact if you were only 15 and not 30 you'd have a full time life again to live before you're even 30. People who kill themselves are idiots because life will and can always change.
>>
>>18486535
Suicides are often spur of the moment impulses in most cases, they come from thoughts like >>18486549 mentioned. There are however some people who have long since considered the pros and cons of suicide and opted to end their life through a well planned out method, generally you only see that in people with a very long standing untreated mental illness or a terminal illness. There are also other cases were the thought of killing oneself becomes an overwhelming invasive though because no other option seems viable in life.
>>
>>18486553

In my opinion, for me at least, life isn't worth living past 30. And I'm almost there. I've felt this way since I was a kid. I've tried hanging myself in 2008, but chickened out a few seconds in. I have driven my car 80 mph down the wrong side of the road and ran through several red lights, but lo and behold there were no other cars at that moment in time.

>>18486549

My thing is I feel the urge, but it is an urge that comes in a fit of anger. My truest belief is if I could find a way to feel that feeling in a relaxed state, I might be able to logically go through it. I would read about suicide and get nervous, but I've started to get to the point where I can think and talk about it and be relaxed, so maybe I am becoming more comfortable with the idea. I've never been a cutter, so I don't think I'd like that way. And I've never held a gun before. I know drowning is one of the more painful ways because you practically suffocate. so it is down to the following

>hanging
>car crash
>jumping

I think hanging is my go to type, because you can pass out in 7 seconds and feel nothing if done right.

Jumping and car crash can just be painful if not fatal. And all have the potential to become brain damaged or horribly disabled.
>>
>>18486535
I've thought about suicide for a long time thanks to suffering from clinical depression. It is a terrifying concept for me to think about dying but I can tell you from personal experience that you can get to a point where death seems like a better option than living
>>
is it possible that people build up tolerance to death anxiety because no matter how hard I try I can't get scared I can't fear the eternal nothingness?
>>
ahh see my thing is ill be right there with one foot out the door, i'll get home from work and sit there and think about my stuff n stuff. that happens for about 3 minutes then ill grab my hand gun, rack one and put it to my head. however right as im about to pull i sit there and think.... no, ive still got things to do. then ill put her away and go about the rest of my night and start the cycle over the next day
>>
>>18486564

I can understand that. So what is the next step? How does one actually do the act?

It is like a barrier, like robbing a bank. If I'm broke, there is something preventing me from attempting to rob a bank. Just like there is something preventing people from committing suicide.
>>
>>18486559
> have driven my car 80 mph down the wrong side of the road and ran through several red lights,

Nigga kill yourself but don't take anyone with you
>>
File: autism.jpg (9KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
9KB, 183x275px
>>18486573
you just write your reason for suicide on a piece of paper so you don't forget and read it each time you have second thoughts i have terminal brain disease so what i wrote down is you will slowly lose all memories and become a degenerate, then everyone will forget how you were before and think you were born with an extra chromosome
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.