[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 22 and I feel as if I might be already going through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1499202165195.jpg (2MB, 3000x2317px) Image search: [Google]
1499202165195.jpg
2MB, 3000x2317px
I'm 22 and I feel as if I might be already going through my quarter-life crisis.

I...well, a lot of me always was fond of youthful ideas, things, and activities (such as sports, comics/make-believe, and parties), and I kind of just forgot about how I was no longer young, or that I was growing up. While I was not looking, life has pulled out the world from right underneath me. One day I woke up and I was paralyzed by my mortality. At 18, the world was full of possibility and I didn't think that I was a fucktard that spent months like pennies. Now? Fuck me, and fuck my entire life.

Some notes about me
>have been forever fat but am losing weight (70 lost so far) and am at 150 pounds, 5"6, am an autist
I lost all that weight from a calorie deficit. I didn't exercise so I'm still unhealthy. Anyway, of course my childhood obesity barred me from going through a lot of normal formative experiences all while kind of fucking me up in other areas. No self-esteem, no idea how to treat cute guys that flirt with me so I reject everyone or play Misses Frigid. It's hard to reconcile your life and age when you basically have the communication abilities of a robot that can't compute how to be a human being.

>still undisciplined; I know what I should do for my future (unlike a year ago), but only do it half the of time
Okay. So, I consider this a necessity, or I won't be happy in the future. That's it. But because of the lack of guidance in my childhood and the lack of challenge (I aced all my classes and got awards with minimum effort) I grew into a lazy sheep. I don't always practice or self-study like I should. I feel so tired and seem to almost always be infinitely procrastinating. When I read that I feel like a monster, a monster gobbling up all my dreams, and I'm afraid, of my habits, of my stagnancy, of my lack of velocity.

I feel stressed out right now and don't know how to overcome the obstacle that is me. What should I do?
>>
File: Confused-Pepe.jpg (21KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
Confused-Pepe.jpg
21KB, 412x351px
>>18486230
Let me clarify that I do have one good friend I've know my whole life. Nobody else now--I only had a lot of friends before high school happened.
>>
>>18486239
known*
>>
>>18486230
Nice pic. What are your dreams OP?
>>
>>18486230

>Misses Frigid

I'm assuming you are a girl, obviously. It is dumb of me to say this, but 4chan seems predominately guys. But you seem nice, and like you are experiencing something a lot of guys experience, but not a lot of girls experience, or at least don't talk about.

So let me tell you what I've learned. Whether you are fat or thin doesn't have any bearing on your worth as a person. Avoid toxic places like 4chan that will instill this bitter belief that being overweight makes you gross or not good enough.

And I think the most important thing to know is that there is no one timeline that everyone does things on. And there are no rules that say you have to do certain things at certain times. You talk about formative experiences. You will still experience those things, and they will still be as new to you at 22 as they would have been at 14. So don't stress. Life is a learning process.

And another thing I've learned is that nobody ever feels like they have their life in order. I dropped out of school at 19. I didn't go to college. I was trying to get my life to make sense and be organized. Well, I'm 26 and finishing up a bachelors degree in, yes, media production of all things. However, I have a job in my field. I work as a freelancer. I've won a number of awards and money for my films. I've networked with a lot of talented people, and I'm doing really well. But guess what? I don't always have time to do the dishes, and sometimes I run out of clean socks. I often get in the car and realize I haven't filled my gas tank in two weeks and now I'm on empty and I have to be at a meeting in 15 minutes that is 20 minutes across the city.

If only I realized these things in high school, right? But the truth is, who cares? Age is horrible indicator of a persons position in life. The way I see it is you're born, then you die, everything in between is just a coincidence.
>>
>>18486230
>Misses Frigid
Please be my GF.
>>
>>18486579
Thanks--I wish I had more like it.
This is gonna be cheesy, but one of my main dreams is to become a graphic artist or an illustrator--I particularly love doing imaginative and narrative work. I do make some money off of commissions. Problem is, while I always loved creating art, the revelation that I was meant for it came at a bullshit time. I spent a lot of time exploring my options and ignoring my truth. I could have been doing so much in these years. Practice, especially form studies. Making business connections and putting my name out there. But, no, I'm behind. This has added an extra layer of burn to the fact I'm 22.
>>
Jesus I'm nearly 25 and I would love to be 22 again, you're in a great place in your life. You've got nothing to complain about, just set your goals and work towards them little by little. You've got years and years ahead of you.
>>
>>18487003
Isn't 25 algo a good age to work on your goals? It's still young.
>>
>>18486610
To be fair, /adv/ seems like it has a slightly bigger population of girls.

>fat or thin
Those things seem more like what most of society judges for. That, and I don't have too big of insecurities about my weight itself (and it might not be a problem now--I get compliments on my body all the time now). It's more about everything, really, and the weight just catalyzed it. And real life, where I've been ripped apart or betrayed for how I used to look, is far crueler than 4chan, where I've never been hurt. I'm bitter in the way that I don't trust people and their shallowness--to the extent I almost judge them for being attracted to me off my appearance alone. Maybe I'm actually frigid after all.

There's a measure of stress because I feel as if there's a timeframe that I'm forced to work with and I'm doomed if I don't pull it off. And...I don't know. I hope people will forgive me if I still don't have my shit together in a few years, but am doing good work and have some degree of legitimacy--like you do. What you said reassures me greatly.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your films like?
>>
I feel incredibly in the same place right now. I'm 21, moved back into my parents after school. I got a degree in audio post production, but I have literally found nothing. Not even an internship or freelance gig. It's been this way for months. I'm about to go back to school to get a psych degree so I can become an occupational therapist. I have an associates degree, but since my gen Ed credits were bullshit, no university will take "finding poetry in songwriting" as a credible class . So, I'm gonna go to community college and gain the gen eds. That's two years gone, and now a full year I have to spend just to catch up. It feels like I have nothing to show for my life so far. Everyone my age is starting to get bachelors degree's, and I'm still living at home. I have a local band that has an earnest amount of local buzz, but that just means me and my friends get to be the cool kids for the month. It won't lead anywhere. My dads terminally ill with cancer, and my mom just keeps telling me that when he dies he wants to make sure I have my shit together. He's literally dying, but all he thinks about is how his son is never going to move out and get a real job. I don't know. I know I'm young, and I'll figure it out, and your 20's are supposed to be a time of doubt and uncertainty, but it just sucks, and I wish you the best of luck.
>>
>>18486962
>a graphic artist or an illustrator
Post your work.
Joking aside, are you me? I'm 22 as well, but I didn't want to draw things I don't like so I went to study design instead and kept drawing as a hobby. As long as you don't have low self-esteem you can always start your self-promoting, there's so many platforms like patreon and shit to use in this day and age.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.