[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>go to a discord of a hobby I have >people seem to get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: meme.jpg (29KB, 660x574px) Image search: [Google]
meme.jpg
29KB, 660x574px
>go to a discord of a hobby I have
>people seem to get angry at me simply because I have dreams related to the hobby
>somehow they think I'm annoying and I'm sure some hate me now
Why?

What makes people like lose their dreams and keep telling me my dreams are too hard to do, I should be more realistic and more BS like that?

Do normal people don't talk about their dreams?
>>
>>18485966
What is your hobby?

Regardless don't let them bother you. Find a community for said hobby that encourages you to pursue your dreams. If this hobby is your passion, doing it is all that's important.
>>
>>18485966
share the discord
>>
>>18486012
gamedev.
>>
>>18485966
you probably sperged out or you might be an unlikable person, shit like this happens
>>
>>18486023
dunno, I have all these opinions and dreams and people stop taking me seriously when they see I'm a begginer.
>>
>>18486028
They're probably upset that they've been at it for longer than you, have lost hope and ambition in themselves, and don't want to see you succeed where they failed. So they drag everyone like you down with them, in the cesspool of failure. Sounds like you should find another group of people who share your interest, maybe a less toxic one
>>
>>18486041
Reddit?

4chan seems like a waste of time anyway.
>>
>>18486015

Your aspirations might be a bit of a trope and naive, typical of a beginner. Maybe lurk more and gain insight from the veterans so you don't irritate them with unrealistic goals. A lot of people want to go into game dev but the realities of the industry tend to sober people. Be in a position to learn and ask questions, not assert uneducated opinions or expectations.

I wouldn't completely abandon your aspirations though. Just saying that you should learn more about the industry and game dev process before tooting your own horn. Perhaps return to your plans after a few months of research and tweak them.
>>
Programmers are some of the most bitter cunts to any newcomer. You're apparently not allowed to have hopes or dreams when learning how to program. You're supposed to be miserable and unguided throughout the whole process.

At least that's been my experience. I'm an engineer the learned programming to further my interest in robotics, but holy fuck if you let anyone know that you're not going about it the way they learned how to code. My suggestion is to ignore them and do your own thing.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.