[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Femanon here. I have noticed that my friend (also a girl) has

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1485579599276.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1485579599276.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
Femanon here. I have noticed that my friend (also a girl) has a tendency to bash on things and people a lot. When we were younger it was kind of funny, but now I am getting the impression that it is coming from a place of insecurity. I've noticed this because she tends to find reasons why people who are more successful than her aren't cool. Or sometimes if I have a conversation why a guy and make him laugh, she finds a reason to hate on him. I don't like that she is so critical of people who are trying to make something of themselves/try something different. It makes me feel insecure and alienated, like if I don't want to stay the same way my whole life, I'm not acceptable. I know a lot of you would probably reply by saying "screw her!" but she has been my friend almost my whole life, so not caring about her judgement is easier said than done. My friend is unemployed and a hipster. I'm unemployed too, but recently I went back to school to pursue a career in medicine. I don't like it at all, but I also don't want to be an aging unemployed hipster for the rest of my life either. What do?

tldr: what do you do when you outgrow your oldest and closest friends?
>>
>>18485932
>outgrow
Meh. No.

I am a boy, so we may do things differently than girls
>say A, think B, expect C
So when we dislike something about people around us, we have only these options
>call them on their bullshit
>ignore it
>cut contact short

I suggest you to behave like rational man for the first time in your life and choose DIRECT CONFRONTATION.

Have a talk with her in private, explain to her how silly she behaves, ask her if she knows it and then suggest her to stop it. If she is good friend, you cant really make her super pissed of by teling her truth
>which i have heard you girls never tell no matter what (see telling fat/ugly friends that they arent fat/ugly)
and if she gets offended to the point of abadonding your friendship, she wasnt worthy in the first place.

T. Honest boy.

Also i suggest you to get into nursing/teaching/working with kids / helping people instead of wasting time and money by studying something you hate and wont finish it anyway. Not everybody is cut for degree.
>>
>>18485932
You and her being females has absolutely no bearing on this at all. That aside, she tears people's success down because she doesn't feel successful herself. You don't have to cut her out of your life but you also don't have to be as close to her anymore. Things change and people grow apart. You're busy living your life and going after your dreams. Don't let her discourage you. Instead, achieve success despite her negativity. Maybe you will inspire her to unfuck her situation.
>>
>>18485978
I think it would piss her off, honestly. She might even deny it entirely.

PS: I think all those jobs sounds shitty. Not everyone is cut out to be happy, I guess.
>>
>>18486006

She will never un fuck her situation. She has had plenty of time to already. She acts like she has no issue living the way she does, but the way she insults and degrades people makes me think otherwise. My life isn't at all cool, but at least I don't continuously bash on people who are more successful.
>>
>>18485932
Well, obviously you want to ghost her, so ghost her. I got rid of my loser friends. It's easy, and once I did it I wished I'd done it years earlier.
>>
>>18486101
Well how fucked is her situation?
>>
>>18485932
Anon, I used to be literally your friend until I was told how alienating and obnoxious that behavior is. If she's reasonable, she will appreciate that constructive criticism and try to improve herself. If she's not, you will give her something to think about as you cut contact with her and pursue your own success. Maybe one day she will mature on her own, let her know you will be open to talking again when she drops the superiority complex but until then you can't be held back by her negativity. Leave it open, and try not to be accusatory
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.