[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did I go too far? My brother and I always are fighting but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1301.jpg (320KB, 1005x1246px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1301.jpg
320KB, 1005x1246px
did I go too far?

My brother and I always are fighting but I would never say we actually 'fought' fought. It's mostly just wrestling like typical brothers and occasionally hitting. But recently he's escalated to sucker punches usually when walking behind me or next to me and it's getting very frustrating to play along. it's getting to the point where I'm constantly tense around him because he doesn't just aim for the chest or shoulder. Gut, kidneys, spine, and I'm worried it's only a matter of time before he just starts going to the face.
So today after he hit me in the gut I got angry and lended two pretty hard hits to his back and sides and I didn't play it off cool like we normally do.
He got a little heated and was annoyed I escalated it but I'm trying to signal that I'm fucking sick of it

How should I have gone about this differently?
>inb4 just talk to him
Believe me that's the first thing I tried
>>
>>18485219

if you talked to him and warned him that if he does not stop you are going to escalate, then you did everything you can do with him.

you could have also warned your parents. but beyond that, not much you can do besides just stand your ground.

last time i was alone in a room with my brother he threatened to punch me because i wrote 'being an adult should mean sleeping in if i want to' on facebook.

so i pointed a gun at him and told him if he touches me ever again i will shoot.

its interesting where sibling rivalries go.

why are those dinosaurs playing on womens basketball teams?
>>
>>18485225
Just for the record we're both in our twenties and this is still going on so it's not like I can go tell on him ya know?

Did you feel guilty about how you handled your situation?
>>
>>18485219
if you've talked to him and he still does it, then go ahead and really hurt him next time. Just don't go to jail or anything. But he deserves it
>>
>>18485242

I felt sad that this is what our lives had escalated to, but i dont regret that I did it at all. we were never going to be close because my brother is a bit of a monster. he believes that because he is physically strong he is the master of the world, and becoming a marine has only made that belief system stronger.

the only relationship we could have had was me being his little bitch, or no relationship at all. so i chose standing up for my self. I feel bad for his wife. I see her getting abused in the future.

if you want to diffuse the situation entirely the best thing you can do in your case is probably do a peace treaty where you stop with the violence altogether. truth is no matter how fun it is on the small scale, it inevitably escalates at some point.
>>
>>18485257
I'm worried if i let it go on that it will bleed into other aspects of our life. It's a shame because otherwise we are really close and the relationship is very good
>>
>>18485276

well now that it has escalated try talkign to him again, this time less with threat and trying to diffuse.

honestly there isnt many options cuz you cannot control his reactions. you etiher roll with the punches or start dealing your own.

talk to him again. see if it changes. and if it doesn't, make a decision.
>>
>>18485219
From what you describe OP, your brothers likely to experience a much tougher pickle down the road.

Like, legal issues-
I've known too many the type who power trip on violence and physical strength.
They always end up with assault charges or become domestic abusers.

Maybe muscle meant power back in the day- but in modern times people who think like that always struggle with society and lead very frustrated lives.

Unfortunately it sounds like you're relationship is just the first casualty of his lifestyle- and in my personal opinion it will continue to dismantle future relationships with people down the line.

You say he is a Marine, so I'm curious- does he have issues with authority?
>>
>>18485333

i think you're responding to the wrong anon. OP is not the one with the marine brother, that was me:
>>18485257

but yeah im prettty sure its just a matter of time before he actually hurts her. he already 'picks on' his wife with little bits of pain. shes a muscle maniac her self so she puts up with it, but hes prone to anger, and growing up was a horrible little shit who was always just getting in trouble for stupid stuff. the kind of kid who'd get on top of the gas station and throw rocks at cars, and then do it again next week after sneaking out from being grounded.
>>
>>18485333
Also to answer your original question- no, you did absolutely nothing wrong.

He is pissed because his violent tactics fell short to control you like they normally do- and he is frustrated because he doesn't know any other way to assert dominance.
It's petty really.

I would actually recomend talking to the wife/girlfriend you mentioned- but don't let him know(dear god don't let him know you talked to her about that).

I would ask if she's experienced it yet, and warn her- for her sake. Especially before kids become a part of their plan.

It's so much harder to leave a violent abuser once there are kids in the mix
>>
>>18485342
Ohhhhhhh nvm what I've said then!!!
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.