[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

At what a point does it become necessary to be violent, perhaps

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: time-to-take-your-temperature.jpg (170KB, 1199x663px) Image search: [Google]
time-to-take-your-temperature.jpg
170KB, 1199x663px
At what a point does it become necessary to be violent, perhaps fatally so, to people you hate or disagree with?

The amount of political turmoil in this country is starting to make me think that people are going to resort to those kind of extremes in the coming few years (I live in Portland). No matter the politics, a growing number of individuals I personally know have expressed, or hinted at, not only the desire to be more violent with whom they deem as "the other side," but also the idea that they don't have a choice anymore; even a few friends of mine I least expected this from. It seems that I'm one of the few here, if not only person, who refuses to resort to that kind of shit. Which is also made all the more disconcerting when you take into consideration how politically motivated acts of violence here in Portland have started pick up steam throughout 2017 (local news outlets should have more info. than larger stations).

What the fuck, man?
>>
>>18484898
I honestly don't fucking get it. I feel like the whole world is going insane. What do they really feel they're accomplishing by fighting with their neighbors? What is the average guy on "the other side" actually doing to fuck up their existence, that could be solved or improved by violence?

To me, we're all just swimming in the same shit, dealing with the exact same problems, with different ideas on what caused it. It makes no sense to fight with each other.

The root of the problem is economic, it was ALL thoroughly exposed & explained in 2007-2008, and nothing actually changed. There's no real mystery about what has gone wrong here, the real mystery is why we aren't fucking doing anything about it. Why we keep getting distracted by dumb-ass arguments with our neighbors instead. It's like we spend all our time arguing about how to treat the symptoms of a disease, when there's an obvious, effective cure to the disease itself, and the symptoms would cease to be a problem if we just fucking cured it.
>>
>>18484909
I wish I could "like" this on post like on other sites.
>>
File: IMG_3036.png (370KB, 915x1161px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3036.png
370KB, 915x1161px
Some thoughts from beaver on the topic of violence. Enjoy.
>>
>>18484927
What a load of self righteous bullshit. There are points where armed resistance becomes of necessity, but if you honestly think that the current state of any first world country requires an armed uprising you are more delusional than the terrorists who desperately hope that you lower yourself to that level.

Unless someone is explicitly threatening your life/wellbeing or the life/wellbeing of people yoiu care about there is no argument or discussion that can't be solved woth words. To imply otherwise is immaturity; literal schoolyard rules of "I'm gonna hurt you if you disagree with me"
>>
>>18484937

Did you even read it? Youre fucking retarded lol. Nowhere does it say we should be having an armed uprising. It says that (as you just said yourself) that there will be a point that violence becomes necessary. People that suggest "violence is NEVER the answer" are inherently wrong as violence, or the threat there of, is what holds society together. Cops carry weapons for a reason.

Youre basically calling me dumb and immature for a point i didnt make.
>>
>>18484960
>Did you even read it?
Did you?
The final line is literally "in order to combat the continued degeneracy of the West we must teach violence to the people" that is not advice to defend yourself against violence, that is an explicit call to take up arms against the vague "degeneracy" that you fucks never shut the fuck up about anymore.
>>
>>18484971
Not the same poster you're arguing with, but if you replaced the word "violence" with "strength" I'd agree with it completely. I think we've gotten into a weird place as a society where it's very, very popular to flaunt your weakness, play the victim, and brag about how much abuse and oppression you've been through. I think if we want to have any hope of reversing our downward spiral, we need to embrace values of strength, success and self-reliance.

"Degenerate" isn't just a code word for catch-all bigotry. The concept of degeneracy refers to an idea that actively damages the fabric & values of a functional, successful society.
>>
File: IMG_3043.jpg (31KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3043.jpg
31KB, 306x306px
>>18484971

It literally isnt though you stupid fuck. Teaching people that violence is okay depending on the situation, why its ok, and how to be violent - doenst mean you are outright advocating for a violent uprising. Its saying that we as a people should be prepared for a violent uprising in the future, *should the situation arise where it is necessary*.

We agree that violence IS sometimes the answer. All it is saying that this is true, and that people need to be educated on why that is so and how to go about doing it properly. How is that wrong? Are you suggesting people shouldnt be educated on this topic? Again, nowhere does it say we need a violent uprising - it says we should be knowledgable and prepared to do so if the situation requires it. Should people stop practicing martial arts because its advocating you go beat the fuck out of everyone that disagrees with you? No, thats fucking retarded, and the complete opposite of what martial arts teach - they teach HOW TO BE VIOLENT and educate on HOW TO AVOID BEING VIOLENT UNLESS NECESSARY. How is this topic (violence) any different?

Again, you are arguing against a point that i never made. Learn to fucking read properly, and stop adding your retard bullshit between the lines to change the message so it suits your autistic need to be contrarion and correct all the time. You straight up say you agree with the post and then add in your own little twist of faggotry just so you can find something wrong with it to complain about. Grow the fuck up lol.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.