[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Buying electronics in the USA/Canada and taking them to Germany,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: smuggling.jpg (115KB, 634x421px) Image search: [Google]
smuggling.jpg
115KB, 634x421px
Hey /adv/,
I will be in Canada/USA for several months, and I was wondering if it is still a thing to buy electronics (Laptop, Graphic Card etc) in North America and take it to Germany to save money.
Shit is pretty fucking expensive in middle Europe.

Has anyone of you ever done this?
Do you need to pay taxes upon arrival in Germany?
Can you get the taxes you paid in Canada/USA back?
How can I save the most money?

Thanks for any advice!
>>
If you can get a good deal, sure. Depending what you are looking for remember that the US has different plugs.

If you pay the taxes you most likely won't save much money. The last time i went to the states (i am from germany too) i came back with about $2k in clothes and electronics. Just went through the green exit hoping for the best. Didn't get pulled out for check luckily.

I don't really know how much you have to pay if they get you tho.
>>
>>18484162
North America is wired on a 110-120 watt system, and most of Europe on 220-250 watts.

Unless the item is adaptable to both currents, or you have a transformer (not just a plug adaptor), you could blow out the equipment the moment you plugged it in.
>>
>>18484174
It would have been interesting to know what the chances are to get caught.

If the only way to safe money is the illegal one, I want to know the odds, and methods.

>>18484234
This won't be a problem, I guess.
>>
>>18484246
You can look that up. It all depends on how much your stuff is worth.

I think you have to pay like 15%-17% on everything. If you get caught you have to pay that twice i believe so just do your own math and decide if you want to take the risk.

They pretty much just randomly pick some people they think might have something with them. A young single guy is probably more "in danger" than a elderly couple so yeah it could be a little risky.

If you plan to bring really expensive stuff its probably better to pay your taxes, because at some point you can get in more trouble than just some extra taxes.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.