[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a partnered Twitch streamer/YouTuber and I love what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: feelsbadman.png (225KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
feelsbadman.png
225KB, 2400x2400px
I'm a partnered Twitch streamer/YouTuber and I love what I do... but I'm afraid there's no growth in it. And if you're not one of the top dogs, where is this platform even going to be in 5 or 10 years? I make anywhere from $500-$1,000 a month playing an extremely niche game. But sometimes I think my time is better spent elsewhere. I put my heart and soul into this every day, I've made tons of sacrifices, but I feel like I'm never going to make back everything I'm giving up to do this.

I work 30 hours a week, stream a minimum of 30 hours a week, then put at least 10 hours into YouTube. My hands feel like a 50 year old man's. I have no time for a girlfriend, I have no time to pursue other hobbies... I love what I do and I put the effort in hoping that someday I CAN go full time, but being in this limbo wondering if I'm really going to "make it" is kind of killing me.

Should I just give up and be realistic that I'm never going to make a living off this?
>>
>my hands feel like a 50 year old mans

bruh if professional melee/starcraft players have hands that are in better shape than yours you seriously need to listen to your inner voice.

You should just scale it back and do it for fun, make 100 bucks here and there to pay for something special you want but focus on more tangible goals ya know?
>>
>>18483232

>Should I just give up and be realistic that I'm never going to make a living off this?

That's up to you. We can't answer this question for you. You have to decide whether the risk vs. reward is worth it for you, not if its worth it for us.

There's a chance you'll make it and a chance you won't. The entertainment industry doesn't have a high rate of success and I think you know that but, again, we can't decide how much you're willing to sacrifice to achieve this.

Unfortunately this decision lies with you and you alone. We can tell you what we would do in your situation but that isn't informed advice, its just personalized speculation.
>>
You're working 40+ hours a week for less than minimum wage. That's full time.
>>
>>18483256
You're right. I kind of meant that I could ONLY do Twitch/YouTube and live off it without it being less than minimum wage.

>>18483242
I know, I just wanted to hear what others would do.

>>18483239
I try to do hand exercises and stuff but my wrist/forearms/neck/back will all rotate in what hurts this week.
>>
I think you already know the answer to your question OP. you know what you need to do.
>>
>>18483282
NotLikeThis
>>
You're already making a living out of it.

Jesus christ man, do you know how many aspies on 4chan would literally kill a human being if they could get paid $500-1000 a month to stream video games? Even just one video game?

But I get it, I can't imagine streaming one single video game for 5+ hours a day is very fulfilling or satisfying for you.

I'll tell you though, if you go out and get a normie job, you're gonna miss it so fucking much. Low-end jobs are fucking soul-crushing.

You're going to go from literally being paid to play video games and having fans/admirers chat with you while you do it, possibly at a job where you're gonna be just like everyone else in that position, that is, probably rather unhappy.
>>
Maybe try asking that here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Destiny/

No idea what will happen though.
>>
Also I know people hate on boogie2988 a lot here but he's usually really good with responding to people. If you go on his twitch and ask him a shortened version of what you posted through a donation you'll probably get a decent response.
>>
You work 40 hours a week for 1000 dollars a month? That's less than minimum wage. You'd literally get paid more at Starbucks. And you could have a girlfriend.
>>
>I'm a literal beggar but I'm afraid theres no growth in it
>>
>>18483232
If you are putting out niche content, it is worth to suggest playing a broader variety of content that pleases your old and a new audience.

May I ask what you are playing? Genuinely curious, since I may know people that made it out of a similar situation.
>>
>>18483232
From my understand OP it's a good source of income, but don't put all your eggs in one basket. Like you said, unless you're one of the top tier streamers that have that niche and that personality, then just keep it going as a weekly thing to help with rent, food, etc.
>>
Patreon
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.