[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys i'm really having trouble focusing/concentrating.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: focus.jpg (141KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
focus.jpg
141KB, 1440x1080px
Hey guys i'm really having trouble focusing/concentrating.
Forget where i put my things really often, mishear a lot of stuff when someone's talking to me, or just completely block out some parts of their sentences so i don't remember them.

I recently started meditating to see if it had any effect on me, wether it be placebo or not and everything went well for the first 3 days but yesterday i tried clearing my mind and i literally couldn't, just couldn't stop thinking about random stuff like song lyrics or books or even repeating something someone said.
So what do i do? maybe i lack some vitamins or maybe something's wrong with my head?
any ideas?
>>
>>18482796
may sound stupid but I've started using some lofi hip-hop radios on youtube and found gr8 success at concentrating. but that is for studying.
As for paying attention, I've found the solution to that one a long time ago, just repeat every single word you hear in your head.
Maybe these only work for me, but you might as well try them amirite
>>
>>18482843
i'll try the repeating thing but i can't really study/work with music, i get too into it.
>>
>>18482858
oh, if you genuenly enjoy it then it won't, me being a metal-head it's like a sound that doesn't disturb me and makes me forget about the outside world. maybe you can find a music that makes you feel the same, but yeah, kinda hard to study for the likes of us
>>
File: 1498265289100.png (152KB, 600x729px) Image search: [Google]
1498265289100.png
152KB, 600x729px
same OP
when I'm doing literally anything, I'll rearrange sentences into lots of 12 letters and then further 4 and repeat such sentences for like 5 minutes
it's so god damn distracting
sorry i cant give any advice though

>inb4 crazy
>>
>>18482796
hemispheric synchronization"hemi sync". Listen to it every night before bed, making sure the earphones are on the correct ears. There are tons of youtube videos on this
>>
>>18482885
not same as OP, he's just a bit of a dispersed guy, you're fucking crazy dude, go and do some therapy, you have a most likely diagnosticable mental disease, go do some therapy and take the prescribed medication
>>
>>18482897
i was implying the 'focusing/concentrating trouble'

it's not like it does it all the fucking time
in public it never crosses my mind
if anything, it comes when im bored
>>
>>18482914
>when I'm doing literally anything, I'll rearrange sentences into lots of 12 letters and then further 4 and repeat such sentences for like 5 minutes
not what was said there tho, make up your mind
>>
You could try lighter stimulants or supplements that improve focus

I've found that the combination of caffeine and l-theanine (both easily found at almost any supermarket like Walmart or Tesco) works the best for me most days. The doses should be equivalent, depending on your tolerance to caffeine anywhere from 100-300mg of caffeine + that much l-theanine would be a good place to start. The theanine acts as a very subtle relaxant (there's no noticeable psychoactive effect on its own) which counteracts the negative side-effects of the caffeine.

Modafinil or Adrafinil (if they're legal where you live) are great for focus and are very well tolerated by most people but there's not a lot of research for daily use so you'd want to take a dose maybe once a week at the most, on a day you really need to get a lot of work done. There isn't a stimulant high at all so there's little risk of addiction, it basically just feels that 1 hour period after you sleep really well and you feel extremely motivated and awake but for about 8 hours. Don't take it after 12pm though of else you probably won't be able to sleep well.

The racetam family of drugs are also reputed to improve focus among other things and are legal pretty much everywhere

I'd advise against heavier stimulants because they're harder on the body, much more addictive, illegal usually, and worst of all in your case it's hard to get the dose needed JUST to focus and not get distracted by the high. A lot of people pop an adderall to study and end up alphabetizing their bookshelf and beating off for 6 hours.
>>
>>18482939
found the junkie
>>
>>18482961
better living through chemistry mate
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.