[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in a hell. My girlfriend is extremely depressed because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: aXm9642xjU.jpg (58KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm9642xjU.jpg
58KB, 650x650px
I'm in a hell. My girlfriend is extremely depressed because she sees everything as pointless and can no longer enjoy it, because the fact that we die and nothing happens afterwards terrorizes her. It's not necessarily the death, just how it invalidates our experiences. I keep telling her that the pointlessness of life is freeing because it gives us the opportunity to create our own point, but she's not biting. Have any of you or your loved ones had similar mental hells? What did you do to get over them?
>>
>>18482642
dumped them.
>>
>>18482642
Tell her that the only solace of inevitable mortality lies in loving the children we create to carry on our spark through the years after our own fires have been extinguished. We die, but our blood and ideas and greatness live on in our offspring.
>>
>>18482642
>What did you do to get over them?

A lot of things, none of them worked. The only outcome was that I got depressed too and everything good went to fuck itself. It's cruel but >>18482648 is right. If meds/psychologist won't help, dump her and move on with your life. You have to understand that if her case is hopeless, then she is a sinking ship and you will sink with her if you stay. I know that many people have this notion that their love and support can heal mental illnesses, but unfortunately it is not true. And before you say something stupid like "I'd rather go down with her than leave her", I can honestly tell you: you don't want that. It will destroy your life and probably have a detrimental effect on other people close to you.
>>
yeah you cant really change their minds past that point anon. just enjoy your last days together before you dump her.
>>
>>18482642
You cant save everybody op. Time to break up.
>>
>>18482702
This

I had to take my gf to therapy after she lost her mom. Only professional help and meds work at this point. Lucky for me she responded and we're well now.
>>
Golly, I was afraid this was the response I'd get.

The thing is, like 80% of the time, shit is fine. She's been really bad for the past few weeks, but for the most part, we have a fantastic time together. Hell, last night and this morning were straight up beautiful. I even got her to stop drinking a few weeks ago and she actually has lost interest in it entirely, which was great because she used to try to drink herself to death regularly. But it's to a point where she wants to spend literally every second with me and while I wouldn't mind that, she also interrupts me from getting anything done because tfw a girl is sad. I've had my entire life on hold for like six months now.

That doesn't necessarily change the answer, I get what I have to do. I just wanted to vent a little steam because this is so frustrating. She's legitimately my dream girl in every way but this nihilistic depression thing is ruining everything. :(
>>
>>18482841
This was exactly me (>>18482721).My gf is my dream girl, hot, awesome sex, plays vidya, etc etc; but her depressive times were the worse. I spent a lot of time trying to help her by myself, because maybe we as lovers think we can handle those kind of shit for our partners on our own. But that's not the type of problem that we can solve, and we take a lot of time to admit because psychologists "just talk" to people and "anyone" can do that.
>>
>>18482642
she is in a loop that needs to be stopped somehow. I advise medication.
>>
>>18482870
She used to be in therapy and also has medication for bipolar disorder, but she hasn't been taking it because she doesn't like how it makes her feel (super tired all the time) and her therapist started trying to force religion down her throat. While I think religion would help her, she's like me: we know the secret behind the magic trick, so neither of us can be fooled by it even though we both think it'd be amazing if we could. I'm trying to convince her to go back to therapy because I can't take this "we can't do anything but lay in bed and tfw all day" shit anymore, it's killing me inside.
>>
>>18482648
>>18482702
This. I had awful problems and unfortunately its not something you can put on other people. It's something you have to deal with yourself. I was okay with people leaving me because I would only be quiet, I didnt voice my own personal problems because I knew it would only make everything worse
>>
>>18482642 (OP)

1. Realize and accept your suffering
2. Find a religion to follow, or a good mentor(Mine being buddhism)
3. once you've helped yourself help others
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.