[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years now. Recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

So I've been with my boyfriend for 2 years now. Recently though that romantic spark I had with him has been lost. I still love him but now it just kinda feels like a love for a family member, like I love him and wanna care for him but going on dates and stuff sorta feels bland, like I was going somewhere with a family member. We still have sex and stuff but for me its not really about wanting him as a person and his body but more like, I want just want sex, kinda like masturbating I guess.

Now I don't want to leave him because I do love him and I don't wanna lose him and the bond we share. However, I'm just kind of bored. I find my self getting random crushes now on people and obviously I don't act on them but the feeling is there and the idea of starting something new sounds fun. My question is though is this normal? Any advice on how to get that romantic spark back? I don't think I could leave him but truthfully I'd like to know if its just better to start over with someone else or would the same thing just happen again?
>>
>>18482574
Welcome to most relationship after the honeymoon phase ends.

1. Communicate about what you are feeling.
2. Rekindle your relationship.
>Work on intimacy - go out more, do things together, cuddle lots, talk, sit on the couch and hold each other.
>Give your relationship purpose - go on an adventure, take a weekend away, start doing sports together, get a hobby together.
>Get romantic again - flowers, surprises, dates, etc.
>>
>>18482574
No couple loves each other all the time.
http://thepowerofideas.ideapod.com/zen-master-explains-men-women-can-never-friends/
>>
>>18482574
Welcome to the human experience
This is our animal side speaking, generic variance is good yadda yadda.
I'm 9 years with my gf and I totally get what you mean. I love her like a family member by now. Except sex is awesome, beacause we do a ton of stuff, share kinks, and so on.

That and having your individuality respected are crucial imo. You two need time apart and personal projects, even if just for the sake of having something to share with the other. This keeps talking to each other fresh and interesting.

Having light crushes is normal as long as they are mild and you don't indulge in them
>>
This is normal. The honeymoon phase has ended for you and mundane reality rears its head. The thing is that this will happen with another partner as well, so unless you want to switch from one short term lover to another until you are too old to do so easily, you need to learn how to keep the spark alive.
Which means actively keep doing couple things. Keep doing the attentive little things to show each other you care. Keep trying to see him with new eyes and realize he's your man, he could be out with other women but he chose to be with you.

The whole "love is a verb" thing, basically. It's not something you passively undergo.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.