[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know any websites to learn about coding and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (8KB, 213x236px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 213x236px
Does anyone know any websites to learn about coding and math? Thank you!
>>
pick a programming language and start with youtube videos.
for math, look for a college curse. they usually recommend books or state the exact requirements which you can google
>>
File: .jpg (55KB, 736x559px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
55KB, 736x559px
https://www.khanacademy.org/

https://www.w3schools.com/
>>
I grew up in the 80s and am out of touch and grouchy... but I'm also a computational physicist (math+programming) and teach at uni.. so maybe what I say will be or help maybe not.

Math: Use textbooks
In my experience, it's very hard to learn the mathematical fundamentals and mental framework/viewpoint (i.e. ontological) from websites and students who try have lots of issues until they give up and use books. I think there are a number of reasons for this... without going into it too much i think it's: It's too easy to search for specific topics and skip around between different sources.. students can't help googling and getting to an answer. You cannot learn theory (math, physics, CS) from putting together scraps of information obtained from different sources. Theory is a story/narrative/viewpoint and the first time you learn it you really need to stick to one person's consistent telling of the story. Once you get a solid handle, then you can use the web and use many sources to extend the knowledge.

Programming: Use tutorial websites
To learn programming, textbooks are stupid and useless. Go though a good meaty tutorial. Dont just read but actaully type in the lines of code as you go though and run the programs. After you finish each little sample program in the tutorial, take some time and ask, how can I improve this and take an hour or so to add new features using the knowledge you have learned (in fact I promise that If you - in your soul - meant to be a programmer, you won't be able to help yourself and you will spend hours adding new things to each little program and it will be fun)

TL;DR:
Math: go pirate PDFs/djvus of the classic textbooks or buy cheap international versions on ebay. If you get PDFs/DJVU PRINT THEM. Seriously. Trust me. Physical printed page is much easier to learn from. DO THE HOMEWORK PROBLEMS IN THE BOOK. YOU WILL NEVER GET MATH/PHYSICS WITHOUT DOING PROBLEMS.

Programming: Web bases tutorial that have have you work on mini projects.
>>
Math:
1. Pirate MAPLE or MATHEMATICA. Choose one of the two and stick with it and learn how to use it as you learn. They are awesome tools.

2. Textbooks:
Not sure what level you are going for but here's a list in order:

Calculus: Stuart

Linear Algebra: book by Strang <--Linear algebra will change your life. I strongly recommend, as a programmer, if you want to anything in machine learning/data science/numerical/scientifc programming you learn it. And learn it well. Skip over the shit about all the ways of using matrices to solve linear equations (i.e. LDU decomposition/Gauss-Sidel/row pivots etc).. you don;t need that these days because super talented people wrote FORTRAN code in the 70s that is still used to this day by everyone to so all that shit. BUT GOD FUCKIGN DAMN IT LEARN EIGENVECTORS/EIGENVALUES. AND UNITARY TRANSFORMATIONS. Key to everything.

Differential Equations: Book by Boyce (<-- diff equations may not be something you need.. you need it if you are doing simulation programming..so you can skip and be ok and come back later if needed)
Statistics: Book by Freedman

Once you have some of these down, it's then time to put programming together with math. There are several avenues, but IMHO the best+easiest+way coolest method if you are thinking of doing machine learning/data science/or any mathematical programming stuff is by studing Digital Signal Processing. It combines all the math above with programming and its so fucking fun and practical and useful. The book to start with is the super excellent:

Discrete Time Signal Processing by Oppenheim
>>
OpenStax has free math textbooks that aren't too shabby.

Alternatively, you can pirate a whole collection of math books from the pirate bay. Start the book. Follow it to the finish.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.