[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was thinking about taking a community college course as a guest/visiting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1491523097231.jpg (54KB, 541x548px) Image search: [Google]
1491523097231.jpg
54KB, 541x548px
I was thinking about taking a community college course as a guest/visiting student (e.g., not for a degree but "personal enrichment"). The problem is, a ton of the courses list basic English/Reading/Math course successful completion as a prerequisite for joining this course. What's the deal with this, do you typically have to complete these prerequisite courses even if you're just taking the course as a visitor for personal enrichment? Seems like an unnecessary (and costly) barrier to entry for those who graduated high school and just wanna take a course.
>>
Why don't you contact them and see what they say?
>>
>>18482379
bro just become a degree student, why the fuck would you want to waste your time to learn something with no reward?
>>
>>18482383
I didn't feel like going in to ask and I honestly didn't think to call until half an hour ago and they're already closed.

>>18482391
The only reason I'd be going is to meet new people - I already have a decent job but I work at home and was kind of a recluse in my teens so I really don't have any friends. I wouldn't quality for FA, so even though I could easily afford it... spending thousands of dollars a year to be a full time college student (community college at that, when I hear it's not necessarily the best place to meet new people - anyone care to chime in?) and having to stick with the full time schedule doesn't really appeal to me.

Also just taking one course could kinda get my feet wet and I could see if it's something I'd want to do more of or if it'd just be a waste of time and money.
>>
>>18482415
its a good idea, don't listen to that other guy.
I guess he doesn't realize that you don't have to be enrolled in a program/major in order to get credit.

if you take a single class then quit, then two years later decide to get a degree, your class will still count. double check the expiration though. my community college is 5 years before credits expire.
>>
>>18482415
also, about your original question --- you can usually take a test to bypass the entrance requirements. or prove your skills with ACT/SAT whatever you did in high school.

just ask them.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.