[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am in a very, VERY happy relationship with a guy. We also kind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1488269975650.jpg (99KB, 1024x733px) Image search: [Google]
1488269975650.jpg
99KB, 1024x733px
I am in a very, VERY happy relationship with a guy. We also kind of work together and our work with each other is mutually beneficial. We have both expressed we are happier through this combination of things than we have been in years. He is over a decade older than me and has a child from a previous marriage, which i think really burned him out on the concept of monogamy. Although we are in love and monogamous, he has said he doesn't believe in marriage which, given his background, I understand.

The problem is that I want to get married and my timeline on having a child of my own is quickly coming to an end, given I have numerous reproductive issues.

While I am incredibly happy and in love, if I stay with him would I not essentially be "wasting my time"? I don't want to have a baby with just anyone, not nor do I want to marry just anyone. I've dated several men in my life, always telling them I was looking for marriage and they, all men my age or younger, each time expressed that they weren't ready and wanted to date around, even my previous bf who was 27.

Im really running out of time if I want to try to have children or get married normally, and I know I could go to a sperm bank or something if I really wanted to but, as a psychologist I realize how horrible single parenthood often is for child development. What should I do? Just keep being happy with this man I know I have no long-term future with despite how wonderful things are now, or try to find someone else willing to settle down with me, even if I'm less happy?
>>
Adopt You dumb cunt
>>
Well your choices seem to be
>stay with him, have a good relationship but always feel like you've missed out on something because you never had kids
>leave him, potentially have a good relationship with someone else, and possibly have children
>>
>>18482279
As a single mom? That's almost impossible to do and would be just as bad developmentally for the child. What's the point?
>>
>>18482284
Well, even then, I doubt this will last more than a few years since he doesn't believe in monogamy long term, which is upsetting but I understand...Thats part of the problem.that every year I "waste" makes it 10x less likely i can have a child biologically.
>>
>>18482293
So you're going to stay with him even longer and waste even more time?
>>
>>18482297
That's my question; is it a waste if I'm happy? Right now there is are two guys who have made legitimate offers to marry me that i could take up if i just wanted to settle down and try to habe kids regardless of personal happiness, but I don't know if that's long term the right thing go do.
>>
>>18482312
You said it yourself: you don't think this relationship will last much longer. Meanwhile, your clock is ticking, so the longer you stay with him, the less chance you have to have kids.

Oh, and I shouldn't have to say this, but don't just marry a guy who's asked you to marry him without even dating.
>>
>>18482320
I dont know how long it will last. I would assume until he's bored of me. We've only been together a few months.

I guess part of me hopes he could change his mind. For example, at one point he told me he thought terms like bf/gf he would only use for someone he had been dating for a year or more but now he's okay with me calling him my boyfriend, even in public. He is, I think, a deeply hurt person, as am I, and I dont know but I think it's a possibility things could change. That may very well be naive though.

As for marrying someone I've never dated, isn't that the alternative if i want to try having a baby and mot wasting time?
>>
>>18482272
Hi Anon, I'm on the other side of the boat as man with a kid from the first marriage and happy relationship afterwards, and not married/monogamous.

You need to be honest. Tell him you need to have kids, that life doesn't make sense without them. If he is selfish enough to neglect your request, then time to leave if you are serious about kids.

I already had one, now have two more kids and I didn't really wanted a large family (nowhere rich), this really impacts my professional life plus the loss of all that time you had for going out and simply resting (kids are full-time jobs), but I couldn't ignore my girlfriend needs and how important this was for her.

So, he doesn't really love you if he is selfish enough to ignore such a crucial part of being a woman when you have been so patient. My girlfriend had previously dated a man for ten years, she left him exactly because he wasn't man enough to raise a family with her.
>>
>>18482423
Thank you. I guess right now the thing is we've not been together for very long yet.
My fear is if I wait a few years that he will not change his mind and ultimately say no.
>>
>>18482272
> as a psychologist
You're the second OP today who has claimed to be a psychologist. Do professional psychologists really come to 4chan for /adv/ice on their lives?
>>
>>18482272
tell him that you finna have a babby. Look into what kind of legal way / paperwork for him to confirm that he is ur babbydaddy.

That way, worst come to worst, he will be legally responsible for child support or whatever. But it's less legal risk for him, since he's not risking the possibility that you'll go full cunt on him and he'll have to give you half of everything he earns forever.
>>
>>18483105
>Do professional psychologists really come to 4chan for /adv/ice on their lives?
some of the might, because they realize that they are just making shit up half the time and they don't have everything figured out
>>
>>18483105
I'm a media psychologist. I went into human communication because I'm bad at it. That's actually quite typical from the data we've collected on the subject. Also, I've been using 4chan since 2004 when I was 15.

>>18483140
He seems to be an excellent father and would not want to make me pregnant but not care for the kid. I offered up initially to sign away all fiscal responsibility and he was offended, honestly.
>>
>psychologist
this bait? I get a datamining baity feel from this thread I'm gonna be honest.
>>
>>18483492
No, I cant collect data on 4chan without submitting to the IRB and having you all sign a form of informed consent. I know because I have collected data on 4chins.
>>
>>18482272
Is that you, Ciarne?
>>
>>18482359
Leave the dude is using your low self esteem and codependency to have a younger gf he can fuck. Try one of the other guys even if the marriage doesn't work you'll have a child and you'll not have to wonder what of because it's pretty fucking obvious what's going to happen should you stay with this dude. He has made it clear.
>>
>>18482272
Yeah youre wasting your time.

Also you can get your eggs frozen and have a surrogate later. Its 2017.

Two men can have a biological child now. I wouldnt go panicking about biological clocks...
>>
File: oh cmon.jpg (39KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
oh cmon.jpg
39KB, 600x399px
>>18483517
honestly this. he's not committing in any real way, not because he's fucked up but because he doesn't want or have to, you're already letting him fuck you.

>>18483510
lol. oh ok, so you're not looking for someone in particular? you're not doing any personal datamining? pic related. I see you.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.