[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If a guy is a quiet reserved type who doesn't talk a lot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: autism-heart-59196.png (84KB, 446x430px) Image search: [Google]
autism-heart-59196.png
84KB, 446x430px
If a guy is a quiet reserved type who doesn't talk a lot and is kinda autistic...
...how do you know he likes you?

Do you just ask?
>>
>>18482145
be direct
this is the best and most efficient approach to many things
>>
>>18482162
Direct in what way? Do I just say "I like you" at the very beginning of the conversation? It's not very romantic but I have no other ideas.
>>
>>18482204
Say that you like him and ax him out to eat or something.
>>
>>18482204
more or less
just wing it. dont fuck yourself up by overthinking
>>
Do you guys think it would be weird to tell him this without any intro? Or should I wait till he starts the conversation?
>>
>>18482145
Well, yeah. He's autistic, remember.
Either he misdirects his ques to you or he misreads your ques as well.
In most cases though, the poor guy has to remain quiet due to not comfortably dealing with talking to people.
If he keeps glancing at you, chances are he likes you. Bonus points if he looks, smiles, and nods directly AT you.

Keep in mind: he can't exactly register society very well, so he'll have problems finding proper ways to express his feelings and shit.

>>18482239
Well, it'd startle the fuck outta him, but that works. Bluntness actually registers well with autists. It won't be easy in any way, shape, or form to wait for him to speak with you, however.

It might sound conflicting, but if he likes you a bit more than just proper greetings, nods and whatnot...he just can't face you if he really, really likes you. It's odd, but truly liking you would be agony to an autist, as he still can't express it all that well. Hence, he tries to shut himself away from you. Could be that you're more flamboyant than the rest, could be he's intimidated by how social you are, etc. It's a lot of things, but he might stack himself against you and come out empty handed.

Either way, he could be a bit scared of talking to you, but he might actually like you if this also happens.
>>
>>18482274
Thanks anon, that's very informative. Honestly, I don't know if he likes me. He approached me a handful of times but very fleetingly and I have no idea if it meant anything at all. I guess my only option is to take the plunge and tell him how I feel without much flourish.
>>
As a reserved autist, I agree that the direct approach is best. Just try to do it in a private place, as I'd personally be pretty embarrassed if there were other people around during such a moment.
>>
>>18482736
Do you think I can count on a clear answer? I don't mind a curt rejection, but I wonder how someone so reserved would respond to "I like you" bomb
>>
>>18482830
That depends on how much he has thought about it, I guess. If he is an autist he may not realize he even likes you until you confess. I suspect you won't get an immediate, clear response, but there are too many unknown variables to predict his reaction accurately.

Also, this is only going off my personal experience, but he may blurt out "No" quickly and not actually mean it. I've turned down a girl I liked once because I thought I wasn't interested in her, but later that day reflected on it more and realized I, in fact, liked her, regretting my rejection. Maybe I'm just a retard, though.
>>
>>18482874
Thank you!
>I suspect you won't get an immediate, clear response, but there are too many unknown variables to predict his reaction accurately.

That's the hard part, I suppose. Having to wait for the response will be stressful, then getting an enigmatic response won't be much better either.

I just have to grow some lady balls and take the plunge
>>
I'm not an autist, but I am an introvert. I went out with this nerdy chick by accident one time: I was trying to ask out her blonde friend and fucked up like an introvert and asked out the nerdy one instead. We went to a concert, I walked her home, and we shyly agreed to have coffee the next day before shaking hands for the evening like the awkward introverts were were. The next day we dutifully had awkward coffee, and she invited me back to her place, where we awkwardly perched on opposite ends of her awkward sofa. Finally she said, "Fuck it," crawled over and straddled me, and started making out with me. We had intense, mindblowing sex for the next four hours straight until we had to decamp to my place for more condoms and more sex.

Be direct and forceful. Jump on him, straddle him, tongue him, and rip his clothes off.
>>
Is he actually autistic or internet meme autistic? because there is a big difference between the two.
>>
>>18482906
>Be direct and forceful. Jump on him, straddle him, tongue him, and rip his clothes off.

I don't think he would like it, I believe he's more of a slow burn and trust building type. Thanks for the tip though, I might try it if everything else fails.

>>18482909
He is... I'm not sure. Not meme autistic, that's for sure. If he really is autistic, then he is highly functioning. He is very reserved and elusive, it's hard to read him, unlike most "normal" guys.
>>
>>18482145
One last bump for possible more ideas
>>
>>18483603
There's really nothing more to say.
Please tell us how the autist reacts to your bluntness/more forward hints.

I honestly can't wait to see. If it went sour, then just remember that you did it.
>>
>>18483603
Oh, and if you think he's uncomfy IRL to talk about this, try the internet. See if you can get a glimpse of his presence there. Phone can work too if he has access to that.

Autists are generally honed in on tech and at least have some presence on social media. THIS is assuming he seems genuinely uncomfy.
>>
>>18483875
Hmm, I always thought that confessing via text is cringy and a no-no. But I think it would be comfier for him, all our deep conversations were online. In real life it's either a small talk or just some safe and neutral topic.

I have this creeping worry that maybe I'm not prepared for romancing someone so reserved. I don't want to freak him out or put him into an uncomfortable situation...
>>
>>18484512
You might find that the direct approach works best with an autist. They appreciate straightforward honesty.
>>
>>18484552
I'm not even sure if the guy is autistic. Sure, he has some traits indicating that, but he might as well be very shy, aloof or reserved. If that's the case, being so direct will probably creep him out... But I won't know without trying so I'll have to go for it and hope for the best
>>
>>18482145
As others have said, the quickest way to find out would be to simply ask him, or ask him out. If he does like you, being direct won't turn him off.
I'm pretty light on the spectrum but according to my experience I usually ramble a lot and try to make the girl laugh.
>>
>>18484665
He's not a castle to be beseiged but a man with feelings. Be honest and straightforward with him.
>>
>>18484802
>He's not a castle to be beseiged
don't they say love is like war or some other shit like that?
>>
>>18485202
Love is a battlefield and that was a fucking great song honestly.
>>
just do like Trump and grab him by the poucci
>>
>>18486294
Do you guarantee it works?
>>
>>18486306
yes, for one simple reason: you'll find out without further ado if there's anything going on between you two.
>>
>>18482145
That sounds like me. Suck at picking up these things. Be very obvious about it until he gets the message or just be very direct. Ask him to do something
>>
>>18482923
So he's autistic because he doesn't place interest in you, got it.
>>
sounds like...
>>
>>18486702
>>18486732
Found mad permavirgins
>>
he talks to you with longer than 1 word answers
>>
>>18482145
Yes. You just ask. Exactly like you would for any other human being.

Don't look for signs, don't look for signals. Ask. Anything short of that is prone to misinterpretation, or feeling like one of you pressured the other. Just ask.

>he'll have problems finding proper ways to express his feelings and shit.

This is why you just straight up ask. It takes subtleties like body language and other bullshit out of the equation and makes things 100% about words.
>>
>>18486349
It's a sexual assault, I don't want to get my stupid ass sued and jailed for grabbings some D
>>
>>18487853
sexual assault doesn't apply to women
>>
>>18487853
sounds like you're also devoid of humour. this is going to be fun...
>>
>>18486771
>I'm too retarded to think of a counter-argument so you're virgin lool xD
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.