[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I fucked for my job? Basically I work in a department store,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: frustrated-with-sales.jpg (19KB, 408x317px) Image search: [Google]
frustrated-with-sales.jpg
19KB, 408x317px
Am I fucked for my job?
Basically I work in a department store, I'm well known for being super nice and I don't have any customer complaints on my record. No problems with other staff and all managers like me. I do not work on commission, only a fixed hourly rate, and we don't get paid after closing even if we stay overtime.
A lady came in at 6PM on the dot (closing time) demanding I get her a shoe which wasn't my brand (my brand's sales are different and getting sales elsewhere doesn't benefit me whatsoever).
I said we're closed, come back tomorrow. She pitches a fit and said the closing announcement hadn't come on yet and that her watch says five to. I said the closing announcement was late but you can see on my register here that it's closing time and you could see all the staff walking out. She drags some poor girl who was holding her bag ready to go and she gets her shoe which are like some cheap flip flops. She comes back to me and says I've missed out on selling her five shoes and that she's taking her business elsewhere. She also said she's gonna write a complaint letter to management about me (but she doesn't know my name).
I was a bit of a snarky cunt because my patience got the best of me and told her "good for you, but we're not obligated to serve you when we're not being paid anymore."
Should I be worried?
>>
>>18480589

Nope. Never happened. Customer came in after you closed and you politely informed them they would have to return another time. They flipped the fuck out and all you did was appologize profusely for the inconvienence.

She will basically complain and write that you are literally hitler because you didnt treat her like a spoiled princess.just deny saying anything except that you appologized and that the customer was belligerant and you didnt know what to do with them. Management wont give a shit, unless this becomes a common occurence. If they know youre a nice dude with no complaints, theyre not going to suddenly shitcan you because some cunt came in after closing and got angry you were closed.
>>
>>18480589
Who gives a shit? Retail wageslavery is soul destroying.
>>
>>18480612
Do you think I can actually get away with lying about what I said tho? I admit I could have been more polite, but I was tired having been there since 9AM and she was definitely a cunt. And there weren't really any witnesses who heard what I said.
>>
>>18480627
I only care because my graduate corporate position starts next year so I need this job for another six months until then. Also good references are important to me.
>>
>>18480628

Do you really think they are going to pull you into a dark room and shine a bright light in your face and cross examine you? Nigger they dont give a flying fuck. They probably get this shit constantly. You were closed. Customer decided the rules didnt apply to them and then had a meltdown when she discovered they infact did.

You never said shit. You are the polite gentlemen who was just doing his job while she is the lying, coniving cunt who wants the world to revolve around her. Its your word against hers. Who are they going to believe? Just deny the fuck out of it, even if they say they have proof, deny deny deny. There is no consequence for lying, unless you grt caught - thens its the same consequence as youd get for admitting any wrong.

Nothing happened. Believe it yourself and its not a lie anymore.
>>
>>18480589
I wouldn't worry about this.

Also, where do you live? Requiring an employee to work for free is illegal in a lot of places.
>>
>>18480732
I live in Australia. Generally most shops are stingy and pay only up until closing. If you stay longer then you're basically providing service for free. Even if I sold her "five shoes" I would at most get a twenty dollar voucher at the end of the month, if I'm lucky. But not even that if it's not my own brand lmao.
>>
>>18480589
Golden Rule of Retail - the customer is always right and the bigger the cunt the bigger the shit storm. You need to have your cunt detector on from the moment you get there until you are way out the door.
>>
>>18481182
I know. Usually I'm accommodating and just do what they want to get them to shut the fuck up. I think something in me just snapped today lol.
>>
>>18481197
No worries - I'd go report the incident to your manager just in case. That way if something happens they can reply quickly and won't get a face full of shit. They can say yes I've already spoken with our employee and they were just having a bad moment.
>>
>five shoes

Why would she buy five shoes? Should have asked who the cripple in her family is.
>>
>>18481182
Do you know what, fuck the golden rule. People who treat retail staff and restaurant staff need to be fucking shot.

Some old prick kept coming into the shop and harassing me.
He is banned now.
>>
She's not going to do jack shit. Just another entitled asshole trying to start drama.
>>
>>18480633
Good references from retail jobs are never important.
>>
Nothing to be nervous about.

However, as someone in the service industry you should never be upset about helping someone out there. You'll be getting paid for it. You are at work and should remain clocked in. That small gesture can mean a lot to a person. I know that you didn't have anything overly pressing to leave work for. No reason to be a snarky cunt in pretty much any situation.
>>
>>18481158
Jesus, is that legal in the land of drop bears? I live in the US and shit like that gets the labor board involved.
>>
File: images-1.jpg (6KB, 303x166px) Image search: [Google]
images-1.jpg
6KB, 303x166px
>>18480732
>it's illegal, you know
>mfw the goyim think that they actually have some power
Let's see how it would go if OP hired a lawyer and started a case. Let's just fucking see.
>>
>>18483129
I work retail in the US and it happens to me
>be part-time employee
>corporate policy is never leave 1 person alone in the store
>manager has to stay late doing stuff
>I'm forced to clock out at the end of my shift but sometimes have to sit in the store for another 20 minutes to wait for him
>>
>>18483201
Yep. It's illegal.
>>
>>18483205
Amazing...
I've seen full-time employees having to work during their lunch breaks as well

Stay away from Dollar General, I guess. At least the ones in Arkansas. Unless you're a part-time college student like me who just wants some extra cash on the side.
>>
>>18483248
These places get away with this shit because they hire people who don't know any better and managers who don't care
>>
>>18480644
I am a retail District Manager and can confirm. I hate customers like this, but have to pretend I give a shit about them otherwise boycott, internet army, endless bitching, blah, blah, blah. They'll probably give her free shit to shut her up and make her go away. Just deny it and try not to have further issues because once is a fluke, but more than once is a pattern. As a manager I am not cleaning up after you, I've got my own shit to do so don't complicate my life.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.