[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What should a 19 year old know before starting his first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

What should a 19 year old know before starting his first year of college?
>>
>>18480320
EVERYONE, and i literally mean everyone, is just as insecure as you whether they show it or admit it.
>>
>>18480320
If you completely bomb your first semester, it is not the end of the world.
>>
math
>>
You should know for an absolute fact that you want to go to college, and that a degree will be worth the loan debt. If you're not 100% sure, you WILL drop out, having wasted thousands of dollars
>>
>>18480677
This desu, Im in a degree I dont like surrounded by people I hate, the material is super easy yet I cant bring myself to study the small bit I need to pass half of the times, I should've quit in the first year but I had changed majors so I thought I would power through, last semester now hopefully I will never have to read another poorly written economics paragraph again.
This isnt mentioning the economic strain because in my country uni costs 1000 yurus a year ymmv if you have to contract loans on top of that
>>
go to class and read the chapters, college is a lot harder than hs. School comes first and once you do your work, then go out and party.
>>
>>18480320
it's easy to end up a loner.
>>
>>18480424
you probably mean meth*
>>
>>18480320
first
stop fap to pacman
>>
Make friends as quickly as you can. It seems to get exponentially harder as the year goes on. Spend as little time in your own room as possible. Join clubs and societies. Even being part of the anime club is better than being alone.
Learn to drink properly. It saves you money and embarrassment.
Don't ignore your mental health. Stress, homesickness and day to day shit can get to you. Most people struggle with this more than they'd like to admit.
Start your assignments as soon as you get them. I'm not saying you have to do them, but starting on them will give you an actual idea of how much effort they are. People will also want to suck your dick if you can give them any advice. This said, don't be played like a chump and do others' work for them.

Above all, always remember this >>18480333
Everyone is in the same boat. You're never as alone as you might think.
>>
>>18481159
>Make friends as quickly as you can. It seems to get exponentially harder as the year goes on.
yep

I transferred colleges and I had a hard time finding a group in my major related classes. If you can start out with a lab partner and talk all the time it makes it a lot easier. Always attend meetings for your kind of major. It looks good on a resume, makes it easier to find networking opportunities, and you make friends.

I'd add get into healthy habits like going to the gym at the end of you day of classes, or do some cardio like running around campus. It is very easy for people in college to get complacent and lazy. Freshman 15 is a meme, but I know a lot of people who wrecked their bodies (me included but not as a freshman, over the last 1.5 yr I gained about 30 lbs). You can blame it on stress, but you have to learn how to deal with it especially while in college.
>>
I still had a nice teenage body in my first year of college, so I didn't have to make any effort. Aka my big tits at the time made me popular amongst boys and unpopular amongst girls.
But when I got lazier and made less effort on my appearance in later years, social life also disintegrated a bit lol. So maybe make sure to maintain that.
Also gossiping is less than high school but still prevalent. More so if you're a female though, but it's something to not give a fuck about.
I made the mistake of thinking I was above club activities as well.
>>
I think best technique is work freaking hard and not show it to anybody. By this way you get shit done and stay off radar as a nerd. You have to able to dish massive amount of effort. Get things done asap as above poster said. If you do assignments fast you will never sink in stress. Rather you will be ready even more that way and that is the way of life of successful people. Being ahead of your stressors. If you manage your time well you can enjoy life too
>>
File: 000001.png (442KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
000001.png
442KB, 720x540px
>>18481159
>>18481238
Finished my first year a month or two ago, this is solid advice. If I had heard this 6 months ago I'd probably still have my scholarship.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.