[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need some psychological advice, I've been working on myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: blood-scab-resin-skull.png (517KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
blood-scab-resin-skull.png
517KB, 600x600px
Need some psychological advice, I've been working on myself a lot these last years, figuring out things by myself from thinking and watching, the time has come for me to step out into society, one very important thing I've learnt about myself when trying to step back into social media is that I don't actually hate others who I don't know, I am just very insecure and scared of being fucked with, but I never let this show, instead it turns into anger and aggression, I feel the need to deal with anyone who might oppose me, I feel the need to always come out on top, even if that has never gone that way these last years.

I'll explain to you where this comes from, I'm not proud of this at all, I was always told a lot very good compliments from everyone as a kid and teen so when I was a teen I thought I was the best, I disconnected from everyone thinking I didn't need anyone and well..that didn't end well as you can imagine, I got humiliated by others and life itself. This is where the insecurity comes from, that fucking hurt me so bad I became angry at everyone and everything. Can you help guide me into the next step of overcoming and accepting this?

I am generally liked by everyone around me and I'm not the person I was, but the fear and anger are there and they are very alive, preventing me from trusting others, from interacting with them.
>>
>>18479437
Get off social media. Been off fb close to 8 yrs, dont miss it a bit. I was hooked on myspace, prob had close to 900 blog post and like 3 or 4 pgs worth of info on my profile. Also had custom music and background. Just giving you some inside info about my social media use back in my younger days. I am off all that shit now and I'm perfectly happy and normal
>>
>>18479451

I know, I have been off for a long time, and I used to be very active before too, that's how I crashed, partly, I'll need social media though, I am a musician, I'll have to use it for promotion, and considering I'm 19yo and not studying I'll need it to get dates too

I can't just settle like this, I have to get shit done one way or another
>>
>>18479437
Tl;dr and most of it is too vague and abstract to give a solid advice.
All I can tell you is that the feelings you are having come from your thoughts, which are influenced by environment, which your habits determine.
Change your habits. Excersise and take the extra effort to talk to people, read and gain a new perspective. Work on any of these things with the intent of making them an everyday thing.

Also I wouldn't recommend social media. It's fine for just talking to people, but for the most part it's just a big waste of time.
>>
>>18479473
You can get dates the old fashion way, you are just justifying a "benefit" of SM. The musician promotion thing I understand, but the dating is lol. I've been on a lot of dates w/o SM
>>
File: 2345.jpg (112KB, 599x392px) Image search: [Google]
2345.jpg
112KB, 599x392px
>>18479451
This guy said something nice, get rid of social media, or just use it less.

Oh, i feel the same. Try distracting yourself about the foughts that everyone is untrustable. especially while interacting, i know it doesn't sound easy. But is a thing that you can get along by practicing. And keep in mind that not everyone is trusting person, and the otherwise aswell. So. GO FOR IT, CHAMP.
>>
>>18479483

>Change your habits. Excersise and take the extra effort to talk to people, read and gain a new perspective. Work on any of these things with the intent of making them an everyday thing.

Yeah, all of that I already do, the things I've said in the OP are not really abstract, it's just the way my head works, understanding it makes things a lot easier and clearer than just feeling sheer anger.

>>18479484

I don't think I can, every girl my age is obsessed with SM one way or another and trying to get to one who's not is way too much bother.

>>18479486

When I actually interact there is no problem, it's when it's about someone I don't have in front of me when I get all angry and agressive.
>>
>>18479437
Sounds like your parents were narcissists you might have become one
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.