[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Want to be a professor >Also want to only date women aged

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: 1498087731036.jpg (159KB, 840x623px) Image search: [Google]
1498087731036.jpg
159KB, 840x623px
>Want to be a professor
>Also want to only date women aged 22-28ish into my 40's because I have absolutely zero attraction to any woman over 30.

I would never ever date a student but I'm still worried about this being a problem.
>>
Hit the gym and get swole. Wear better clothing that fits well. Sharpen your game and have an abundance mentality to women, don't waste your time chasing "the one". If you do all of this, finding a women in her early twenties should be easy even if you are in your fourties. Remember OP, women age like milk and men age like wine.
>>
>>18479094
Yeah but I'm 5'6".
>>
>>18479119
You can't let things out of your control get to you, you need to focus on the places where you can improve. I personally know manlets in their late 30s that have girlfriends in their early 20s
>>
>>18479072
who says that you have to date students? date women who go into trades or who are already working at that age. Not every 20 something year old woman goes to college.
>>
> am a professor
> am 40
> dating in the late 20's to early 30's range now

First off, don't become a professor. You'll be impoverished for a long time, so long that the opportunity costs aren't worth the eventual payoff, if one ever comes. I have colleagues who have adjuncted their whole lives. None of them have happy relationships; some are LDR with other academics, others just gave up on trying to find or afford love long ago. The only way to have a decent career and afford a family is to land a tenure-track job, which is about 30% of the already slim market today (things were much easier for the Boomers).

As for who I'm dating, it's been a mix. One was an LDR with someone in my field but at another institution (surprisingly a common thing), another a professor at my institution but in a different department (never date inside your own department), and others were well-educated women in various professions around town.

Honestly, the idea of dating a student, especially an undergrad, becomes repulsive once you get that PhD. You're just so much further up life's mountain than they are, and, as arrogant as this sounds, it's painful to have to descend back to their level of immaturity. Why go out to the club with a party girl when you could go out to the symphony with someone your own age?
>>
>>18479119
RIP
>>
>>18479072
It's ok, you probably look like shit, and they won't want to date you.
>>
>>18479119
You are 5'6 and pushing 50. Nobody wants that.
>>
>>18479132
I'd like to hear more about them.
>>18479139
I would never date anyone who went to a school I taught at. Im worried about people judging me with ANYONE in their 20's as suspect.
>>
>>18479161
Oh, fucking great. Im starting the first year of my masters in September. In acting. $200,000 in debt over 3 years, here I come. Am I really that unlikely to find work in acedemia?
>>
>>18479168
I know. Wanted to fucking die when I was an undergrad because of it.
>>
>>18479161
>Why go out to the club with a party girl when you could go out to the symphony with someone your own age?
Because they look like they are mumifying. Half of them have kids and I'd rather die alone than raise another man's kids. Women around 25 look good and are often smart enough to not drive me crazy. I fear settling down to watch my partner's youth rot. The men in my family look amazing well into their 70's. I have actually confused pictures of my father in his 40's as pictures of me in high school. My uncle is an alcoholic 70 year old manlet who gets a new wife in her 30's every 10 years and kept having kids into his 50's. If I settle down I'm gonna look the same and she's gonna look like a scrotum when we're 40. As stupidly shallow as it is, it bothers me.
>>
>>18479207
>>18479207
No, I'm 28, I'm thinking towards the future. I actually work with a guy who is in his 50's and is slightly shorter than me and one of the hottest 22 year olds I've ever met called him a silverfox.
>>
>>18479226
$200,000 in debt? For a MA? Oh, anon, you're doing it SO FUCKING WRONG.

I didn't pay a dime for my MA or PhD. The thing to do is get TAships, research assistantships, or the holy grail, fellowships. These pay for your education. If the school actually wants you, they will give you these things, and you will not have to pay for your education. If the school doesn't give you these things, they don't think that you are worth keeping. I'm sorry to be that blunt, but you need to know this before you make a six-digit mistake.
>>
>>18479221
>Im worried about people judging me with ANYONE in their 20's as suspect

the majority of men want to date 20 year olds its no big secret. Is it gross and predatory? yes, but its just a fact of life. Do what you want.
>>
>>18479226
As for how bad the market is, you should read about it before you commit to this life.
Start with https://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2016/04/bad-job-market-phds/479205/
>>
>>18479250
I'm sorry, but I'm dating a 30 year old Italian woman who looks like a fucking supermodel, and I can't hear the rest of your post over how sexy she is and how much she likes going to the symphony.
>>
>>18479265
Let me guess, you are the kind of person who believes that if a 40 year old woman dates a dude in his 20s it's "empowering"
>>
>>18479250
It's fine dude, everyone has the right to reject potential partners on any criteria. Don't let people here shame you into dating someone that will make you miserable. Lots of women in their early twenties have no problems dating men in their 40s. Do you need to up your game? Yes. Is is doable? Yes.
>>
>>18479256
Help. I put down a chunk of change already. Will a TAshup etc. really help that much?
>>
>>18479256
>>18479288
Keep in mind this is an MFA in acting. I guess I could TA Theater 100 or something but will it really make a dent in my costs?
>>
>>18479271
If I could find one like that I would take her in a heartbeat. Best of both worlds. I'm having a real hard tI'm finding those.
>>
>>18479267
Fuck. I think I'm in too deep. This is the only thing I'm even remotely good at, and I'm not great. Already went to undergrad for this. Down payments have been made for grads chook
>>
>>18479288
>>18479299
TAing usually entails the school paying your full tuition for the term of your TAship as well as a stipend. When I was a TA, I earned about $20K/year in stipends, and the school paid my tuition. That's how most people afford grad school.
>>
>>18479335
Likelyhood of me getting it?
>>
>>18479339
Does the school want you? Do you have high GRE scores, good recommendations, etc? At this point it's probably too late to ask for one for the fall, but you could start asking about the spring quarter, especially if you are the star student in the new crop of MFA students this fall.
Here's a generic article about TAships. You need to research these things and how they work at your own school.
>>
>>18479344
Oops, forgot article: https://www.fastweb.com/college-search/articles/get-paid-for-your-degree-teaching-assistantships-for-grad-students
>>
>>18479255
Yeah, well I turned down a professor in his 50s last semester.
>>
>>18479344
They gave me the highest presidents award they give? A measly $7,500 a year though. I got the feeling they had all agreed they wanted me right after my audition by the way they were talking abut me. I did get some good recommendations. I HIGHLY doubt I will be the star student however. Im good but I got into a REALLY good program and Ive accepted that most of the people there will be better than me. I'm also not charasmatic off stage which makes me less popular
>>
>>18479365
How many schools did you apply to?

Apply to many schools, see who gives you the most $
>>
>>18479377
By now he's committed. April 15 is the magic date for grad school acceptance and commitment (especially for financial awards like TAships and fellowships). See http://cgsnet.org/april-15-resolution
>>
>>18479274
nice try trying to psychoanalyze me. I think thats gross too.
>>
>>18479119
I'm certain your female students will all be gagging for their professor's 50 year old manlet cock, best to just avoid academia.
>>
>>18479388
This. It's a good proram too
>>
>>18479520
>your students
Didn't even read the OP did you?
>>
>>18479072
I'm not a professor, however, I'm 50 and my current gf is 26 so I really don't see a problem with your strategy.
>>
>>18481254
How did you manage that? Are you tall or rich or something? How did you meet?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.