[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get better at delaying immediate gratification? I realize

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: mqdefault[1].jpg (15KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
mqdefault[1].jpg
15KB, 320x180px
How do I get better at delaying immediate gratification?

I realize that all of my problems come from doing what will entertain me the most at the time instead of what will be the most productive but I don't know how to stop.
>>
>>18477672
You can't fight your inner nigger.
>>
>>18477735
I'm half-black so this cuts deep, anon.
>>
>>18477672
I'm in the same boat Anon. Bump.
>>
>>18477672
>>18477745

There is no miracle solution. Either develop some self-discipline (there are wikihow's for this) or see a therapist if it's really that bad.

I'm in the same boat as well, and I chose to accept it.
>>
>>18477757
>there are wikihow's for this
but is it worth becoming a beanie wearing lesbian?
>>
>>18477739
Well, try to act white. You will never naturally delay immediate gratification but if you REALLY want to change, and I mean that you actually hate that part of you deep inside, you can still train yourself to make the best out of it.

Try routine, meaning set daily goals on stuff and place obstacles in front of things you crave (food= no junk food/ ready to eat shit so that you have to cook, entertainment = cut the internet till x o'clock and turn down your smartphone, sex = read some stuff on the topic of nofap/ religious nofap, ...).

It's hard in the beginning but will get easier after a couple days. After a month you should be able to do it automatically.

But I'm sure I could help you more if you would tell with what you struggle the most.
>>
>>18477672
Self discipline
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.